“Worst service ever!”

Ranked #863 of 7,917 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: Agave offers a menu showcasing regional specialties and creative dishes from Guadalajara, Mexico’s second most populated city, as well as Jalisco. Ingredients used such as various chilies, cactus and fresh green tomatillos are imported from Mexico, whilst our tortillas are handmade on site. Guests can try our wide selection of tequilas or savor our well-known margaritas at the long bar. The ambience is authentically Mexican as vivid oranges and reds exhibit the unique architectural style of Luis Barragán, one of the most influential Mexican architects of the 20th Century.
Hong Kong
“Worst service ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I don't even know where to begin. We normally go to Coyote Bar when we are in Hong Kong but thought I would give this place a try. Arrived there and asked where to sit when sarcastically told to 'just pick a table' as the place was empty. That should have been the first clue.
Two of us were given menus but had to ask for a drink menu. Looked over the drinks menu and asked if there were other drinks than alcoholic ones. No. We have coke. Mm. Ok.
Ordered our food (I got the set menu but asked if I could change my tea/coffee to a coke and was told "no. it will cost you 35 extra.
Food arrives and the girl never came back to check on us. As a matter of fact, when we were ready to go, I had to send my son to the front to collect the bill and get the food takeaway. Finally paid, walked out without even a goodbye or thank you from staff.
Never again. Horrible horrible service.

Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
“Mexican Food and Drinks. Period.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Agave. Nice atmosphere. Nice margaritas. Above average food. But thats about it.
I would return for the atmosphere, because I really had a nice time with the company I was with.

Disappointed with the service!! Asked to pack my left overs (which were plenty) and they threw it out. :P Twenty minutes later, I checked again for my doggy bag, and they weren't even apologetic.

The food was OK. Probably not the best place to take a Mexican date or client. They will NOT be impressed with what they've done to their food. :P

• Visited April 2011
Sha Tin, null, Hong Kong
“There is still hope.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

To start off I am extremely picky about my Mexican food; I was born and raised in Texas so Mexican food is in my blood. I went here mid-afternoon just to get my queso fix and I left slightly disappointed. The Chips were thick and had some seasoning on them and the queso had cottage cheese sprinkled on the top and way to many beans. That was the only thing I got the chance to try apart from a decent selection of Mexican beer (Corona and Dos Equis.) All of the other items on the menu look good though with all of the correct Spanish names (which is hard to find outside of a Mexican border state.) The atmosphere was also legitimately Hispanic which is a good sign. I wouldn't recommend this place in Texas but since this is Hong Kong you have to take what you can get.

• Visited February 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Mexican and vast amounts of Tequila”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

The location is centered on Lockhart but it is a family friendly restaurant. There is plenty of seating but as always in Hong Kong reservations are recommended. There is seating that overlooks the street and it is good people watching. The place is clean and the staff is friendly.

The menu has everything from Tacos to Enchiladas. The food was very good and used the slow roasted pulled pork and chicken for the entrees.

The is a large selection of Tequilas here. If this is your passion then this is your destination.

The price is reasonable and it is a 2 minute walk from the Wan Chai station.

The atmosphere is fun and can be used for casual business to starting a night out with friends.

• Visited January 2012
“Not as expected!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

After reading the great reviews, we had to try for ourselves. The service wasn't good, the food bland, the chips were soggy - and I even had to send back a margarita. All things you don't want in a Mexican establishment. As a US citizen from California, I know my Mexican. This is not it!

• Visited January 2012