“2 days in Hong Kong....2 foot massages at Tai Pan” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 100 Spas & Wellness in Hong Kong
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“2 days in Hong Kong....2 foot massages at Tai Pan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Based on favorable reviews my husband and I headed here on our first night in Hong Kong. After a 14hour flight from London it was bliss! I agree with previous reviews that the reception is a little "cool" but once you get passed that the foot spa and massage are pure bliss! We went back for seconds the following day! A tip....can be a bit hard to find. Despite the sign we walked passed the entrance twice before heading down the stairs to the Spa. ENJOY!!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank sandyb_nl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Hong Kong, China
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Agree with others; must try...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I decided to try this place after reading the more recent reviews, and overall I would agree with most of them; this is worth a try. I decided to visit the place in the "Golden Crown Court" building, which is on the NEC of Nathan and Camarvon Rd...(the entrance is on Camarvon). The price for the 25min head/shoulder and 50min foot massage was $277....very good value. I agree with @tracy1980 about the slippers, and the ambiance, and I guess that if you were getting a full body massage, they would have had PJ's, but I did not see any... since I went in the afternoon, I did not experience too much noise..:) btw, I had masseuse #603, and she was pretty good....

Visited May 2012
1 Thank William C
Barcelona
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Aaaahhhhh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Tried this place on the strength of tripadvisor reviews and what a find. As has been mentioned, not the friendliest on reception, but lovely ambience, great foot massage, extremely relaxing, and nice cup of tea afterwards. Made the mistake of trying a cheaper (different) place another day after one of the (many) people giving out flyers on the streets (they're all over HK) lured us there, but it was noisy, cheated us on the time, and the quality of the masseurs wasn't as good as Tai Pan.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank FishCatBadger
New York City, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“We loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Actually went twice.. Both locations. Loved the decor/relaxing atmosphere.
Foot massage and back massage were great - plus they give you light clothes to wear in the private room so it's not too weird!
First foot masseuse for my boyfriend was better than at second place. That's the thing with these places- you never know who you are going to get.
Loved the massage chair and 10 minute foot bath before the reflexology.
Ended up at some other place one day that looked nice and we both could have given ourselves better foot massages!
So this place rocked- especially at end of a 10 hour walking day in the rain.

Visited March 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A bit too busy to really relax, but good for the price paid.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Firstly the good: I had a head, neck and shoulder and foot/leg massage here, lasting for about 1.5 hours for the whole experience (including foot spa/massage chair) for HK$277. That's an incredible price for that length of time. The bed/couch thing that you lay on to have it done really is exceptionally comfortable. They wrap you in towels and blankets, and put a heated thing over you too to make you even more comfortable. The location was pretty good too (a minute's walk from exit C2 of TST MTR station). I had to poke around a bit to find the entrance, and when I did it was all sealed up and they were clearly doing maintenance work there, but the neighboring tailor shop showed me there was a door bell to ring, and the lady promptly came to fetch me.

The foot massage was good (very firm - perhaps too firm for some people's liking perhaps) but the shoulder massage (which she started with) left a fair bit to be desired. I feel a little as though people here have slightly exaggerated how relaxing this place is. There is a large area with several beds and everyone having massage at the same time. That in itself isn't too much of a problem. The problem is that the reception area is right next to that, so every time someone comes in or the phone rings, you can hear everything going on out there too. So, that makes it a little difficult to relax. There were no PJs as mentioned by others on here, and the slippers they gave me to wear were a fairly well worn pair of clunky sandals, and not sure how much attention would have been paid to foot hygiene in sharing these between guests.

However, for the money paid, it was a fun experience and I would go again if I was staying for longer. I really wanted to get a facial done too but they said they were fully booked at that moment in time. At least this place is reputable and they're not adding any 'special' extras on to your massage as many of the other places in Kowloon quite possibly do! It's decent and above board.

Visited March 2012