All reviews wan chai electric blinds rooms are small great location walking distance superior double room mobile telephone sized safe efficient room hennessey road microwave oven flying pan bars and clubs power sockets local phone offer breakfast ding ding
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here in September 2018 for one night. It was ok, the room was small (everything in HK is), but clean and tidy. I was on floor 28, looking towards the city. If you can - try to get a harbour view room - much nicer.

The elevator has two restaurant floors, but no way to stop the elevator on them. I guess they either were closed or don't exist.

Location is good - central part of Wan Chai, and very close to some bars and restaurants worth a visit.

Service was ok - efficient, not friendly. There is a deposit to pay when you arrive which covers the use of the phone gadget in the room. Strangely, they do not accept a crd payment for this - which I find very unusual. I didn't have cash, and wasn't prepared to go and find some, so I asked for it to be removed so there was no way I could run up a cost on it. I bought a local SIM card for my phone instead - seemed a better option.

The room included a microwave, but no kettle. You boil water in the microwave to make the coffee that they leave in your room. There is a safe in the room as well, should you need. Also a minibar - which was not stocked.

The stay was ok - except at 2am the fire alarm went off, and all rooms emptied onto the sidewalk - 28 floors without an elevator is quite an effort - but better to get out than risk the alternative. Turned out to be some fool smoking in his room and setting off the alarm. Sigh... no compensation for that, of course, only an hour later for an elevator ride back up to floor 28, and some sleep.

All in all it was perfectly ok as a hotel, but only ok. Business users - it'll be fine. Holiday makers - choose somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get the harbour side... not the city side, if you want a better view.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hal_MacLean
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Before I start I think it's worth mentioning that my friend and I only stayed in this hotel for one night in order to break up the long trip to Australia from the UK, so I cannot comment on how practical it would be for a long trip. For what we needed the room for, however, it was perfect! The beds were extremely comfortable, the fittings were top quality and the room was decorated to a very high standard. The price was also reasonable and the hotel was in a great location. The staff were friendly (and spoke English) but there was a slight issue with payment; I was charged twice on my currency card. Once was for a pre-authorisation to secure the booking and they then (instead of just debiting this cash) charged me again as a separate transaction. Considering the fees on my card and loss due to the exchange rate, this was a huge inconvenience and I got the standard rubbish about it taking 3-5 working days to get the money back (despite it taking minutes to take my money). The hotel also asked for a 500HKD deposit which is fine if you plan to get a cab to the airport like me as it meant I couldn't spend my cab money! All in all a positive experience but it is worth noting that the rooms are rather on the compact side (not much room to move around) but if you're looking for a comfortable, clean, air conditioned room for a couple of nights, I would definitely recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sleepyhead2016
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Starting from the foyer to the lifts to the rooms everything was extremely tight, almost claustrophobic. The service was only adequate with poor levels of English. Location for our business purposes was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2018

The smallest hotel room that I have ever experienced and I have stayed in Hong Kong many times. The rooms itself is modern and clean, and did have a small view of Hong Kong Harbour however, the bed was very small double bed which I could hardly walk around. The bathroom was tiny. The staff were friendly enough but many had poor levels of English, so communication was a little difficult sometimes. I do really like the location, central, but in future I would rather be just a little further out and have a more normal size hotel room.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel for great location and walking distance to shops, bars and restaurants nearby. My first night started with fire alarm at 2am and ran down from 23rd floor. No information was given by the hotel what happened just a big crowd and 3 fire trucks and lots of firemen in the hotel and outside the hotel too. I wanted checkout earlier due to earlier flight but no refund is offered. Kindly note no breakfast in this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business