1,404 results
All reviewscontinental clubharbour citynespresso machineocean terminalshopping mallcomplimentary mini barmobile phonethird floorexcellent locationfree wifiupon checkmtr stationnathan roadkowloon parkdirect accessfavorite hotelin tsim sha tsui
Reviewed 15 June 2012

i just came back from a 4 days vacation with my family last week. we stayed at the continental club room floor of marco polo gateway. the room was still so-so nice and clean. housekeeping service was good. i like staying in the club rooms because we were with our 2 small kids and we can go to the club lounge for food and drinks almost anytime the whole day plus it has free wifi and buffet breakfast but best reason for staying in marco polo gateway for me is it's direct access to so many shops just behind the hotel.. it has citysuper supermarket for grocery needs, it has so many medium to high end shops for men, women and kids, it has many electronic shops, and for our kids they have a big "toys r us" store at the end of the mall plus it has all kinds of good restaurants as well. i also like to take a 5 minute taxi ride to nearby elements mall which i feel is one of the best malls i've seen anywhere. lastly, its also good to stay here because it is near to so many movie theaters which i enjoy doing when on vacation. the minor drawbacks of this hotel is its too far from the nearest mtr station which is about 10 minutes walk, it also has no gym or swimming pool inside the hotel. nevertheless, i would love to stay here again on our next trip to hongkong.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have been staying at Gateway (alternating with MP Hong Kong) with my parents. Years later, I now pass on my love for this location to my kids. I love the efficiency of their staff. At times, when I would make a booking months before my intended stay, all details to my arrival and check in requirements are followed thru without making follow up reminders.

It's perfect for everything! Shopping, Business Meeting Venue, Banks, Movie Theatre, Great eats, close accessibility to the MTR station, Ferry Terminal (to China & to Hong Kong side.)

I recently stayed this May 28 to 31, 2012 with my family. Again, we left satisfied and well rested!

I would be coming back again and again and again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mjckit
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This is the second time I stayed at Marco Polo Gateway, this time for a business trip. We arrived at the hotel at 4pm so check-in was a breeze.

ROOM
PROS:
-The room is really big.
-Lots of rooms for luggages and shopping bags.
-Ample drawer space and enough close space.
-The double bed is exactly a full bed (not the twin bed some hotels advertise as "double or full").
CONS:
-Still the same old room. Badly needs renovation.
-Stuffy, old-room-smell.
-Threadbare carpets -- use slippers!
-Air conditioner was too cold, even though we've put the thermostat on high. Eventually, we turned it off. I thought it was just our room but during breakfast the next day, we heard other guests complaining about their rooms being too cold.

BATHROOM
PROS:
-Really old bathroom -- the bathtub surface is already chipping off.
-Water stains everywhere.
-Old shower.
CONS:
-Big bathrooms space.
-Big counter space.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
PROS:
-Years ago, during our stay, their customer service was blah. But this time, I noticed that their customer service has greatly improved. (I guess to make up for the physical condition of the hotel.) We were constantly calling for housekeeping (room was too cold, needed extra blankets, needed another extra blanket, etc, etc) -- and they would send someone to our room immediately.

LOCATION:
PROS:
-The reason why we still chose the hotel -- LOCATION! It is located INSIDE Harbour City and a 5-minute walk to the ferry.
CONS:
-A bit far from MTR stations.

I always come back to this hotel really because of the location. It's the best hotel for shopping in Hong Kong!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Hotel with history, but have been face lifted in recent years. Rooms are 5 star level with 4 star rates.

Room Tip: Choose room with harbor view. Harbor view is magnificent. Rooms facing Tsim Sha Tsui is interesting but noisy all day with sound of bus running on Canton Road below.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Great place to stay for shopping in Hong Kong! Friendly staff. Room was comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family