1,417 results
All reviews continental club harbour city nespresso machine ocean terminal shopping mall complimentary mini bar mobile phone third floor excellent location free wifi upon check mtr station nathan road kowloon park direct access favorite hotel in tsim sha tsui
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My family and i stayed here from Jan. 27-29, 2012. This hotel is very ideal for first time visitors as it is conveniently located within Harbour City (one big mall) along Canton Road in Tsim Sha Tsui. This hotel is in the middle of two other Marco Polo Hotels; The Marco Polo Hong Kong (closer to the Star Ferry but more expensive) and Marco Polo Prince (similar price range to the Gateway but located at the other end of Harbour City. All the high end stores can be located here and close to the public bus terminal, MTR and Star Ferry. The weather was cold which is just the way we wanted. But i would avoid going to Hong Kong during the Chinese New Year if you plan to go to Disneyland, Ocean Park or other attractions as there are so many people and you will just waste your time lining up for the rides/shows. The newly renovated room was spacious with two double beds but no view though. There are a lot of elevators but does not provide key access for that added level of security and you still have to use a real key to access the rooms (this should have been part of their renovation works). This hotel is a bit expensive but worth it as you are within walking distance to almost everything. The continental club lounge provides an extra level of convenience/privacy. There is free wifi as well as computer terminals. Their breakfast buffet is just as similar as the buffet in their restaurant at the basement. Plus, you can avail of drinks all day and they offer finger foods in the afternoon.

For those who want convenience and do not mind paying a little more, you will definitely not go wrong with this hotel. I would definitely advise travelers, especially first time visitors to Hong Kong, to try this hotel.

Room Tip: It is not described in their website but this hotel has rooms with two double beds. So this is good for families with kids.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TonyHyndman
Reviewed 21 January 2012

just got back from a 7 day stay at this hotel. although convenient to everything. For shopping you have prada, vuitton gucci , prada..any high end name you can think of its here. watch shops are also everywhere..any name any brand. Duty free shop across the street... near the harbor so a good view at night. food is everywhere too.
depending on what you want to do in hong kong... if shopping is what you want, this is the right hotel. situated inside the huge harbour city mall. the biggest in hong kong. Take the mtr( around 10 minute walk) and you can do anywhere. i suggest you take a trip to causeway bay... another place where you can shop till you drop. Huge SOGO department is here. Times Square shopping is 1o minute walk from mtr.
You can also take MTR to disneyland.
the rooms are quite spacious hong kong standard. rooms are clean but not 5 stars. Reception is friendy and exceptional service from concierge. i was given room 1612 which has a harbour view.

again it could be expensive during peak season.

going to the hotel you can take Airport express train to the Kowloon station and they have free shuttle to the hotel. if you are in a hurry... around 35 hong kong dollars by taxi.

fast food is inside the mall and also another fast food across the hotel for a quick bite. cheap and delicious

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Solotraveller888
Reviewed 13 January 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and first was last Summer where I thought the hotel was good for what I paid, the location is superb, the staff very helpful, I don't really like the breakfast room which is in the basement with no windows to the outside but this time there was something very upsetting when I called reception to inform my room was freezing and they announced that there was no heating, Oh my God it is January... so they kindly gave me a heater for my stay but I find this unacceptable from a 5 star hotel. In the summer is worth because it is cheaper than any of the neighbourhood hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed at the Gateway Hong Kong just before Christmas and loved every minute of our stay there. My husband booked us into a room on the 15th floor (The Continental Club) which didnt cost a lot more than a standard room. The service was impeccable, the staff were very friendly and helpful and treated us like royalty. The rooms were clean and spacious. The buffet breakfast was delicious and plentiful and of a high quality. The Continental Club also offered afternoon tea from 2.30-5.00pm and the food again was delicious and plentiful and I always made sure we were back at the hotel for this special treat that I definitely did not want to miss out on. They also served supper from ?5.30 till 8pm not exactly sure about those times, but again unreal food and plentiful. We hardly ate out at all because the food they served was always enough to fill us up. It was finger food but had variety and enough different dishes to satisfy. Even our fussy daughters were willing to try foods they have never eaten before because they looked so good. The hotel was also close to shops and the harbour if you want to go and see the nightly light show. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Diamonds47
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Very conveniently located but rooms quite old already. Though it seems they are improving it already since our rooms are so noisy as we can hear the sounds of construction during day time. Although our room was not available when we were reach the hotel, they upgrade our regular room to suite, so this compensates for the 3pm check in and the noise in their renovation.

Good thing about the location is it is located right in the middle of the shopping mall, so while we waited for our rooms to be availalbe, we got to eat first and go the supermarket right to get some water and buy some snacks for the kids.

Their room is quite big as compare to other hotels in Hongkong. All staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family