“I still remember how bad this place was to write a review 2yrs later!!”

New Chung King Mansion Hostel
Ranked #110 of 157 Speciality Lodging in Hong Kong
London, United Kingdom
“I still remember how bad this place was to write a review 2yrs later!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We had booked a room for 2 nights before our departure to Bangkok & Koh Samui so were looking for a budget/cheap hotel to stay in. Big mistake!! As soon as we found the building we queued at the two tiny lifts waiting for 15mins for a lift as it was so busy and packed - there were many ppl queuing next to us ... all I can say is I held on tighter to my handbag!! Once we reached our hotel (there were many hostel type hotels in this building) the reception showed me the room we were to stay in, the room he showed me can only be described as a rat hole! It was a dingy little single room with a nasty looking single bed in a dirty looking room, I refused to take the room and the man offered us an upgrade for a fee, I knew this was a rip off!! but as it was already gone 11pm and after a 12hr flight I was soooo tired at this point so just paid like an extra $20 and upgraded to a different room which was a tad better but still a tiny basic room with two single beds. The window was boarded up with what looked like paper and the bathroom was so tiny only 1 person could stand inside. Not to mention the 7 cans of cockroach spray I saw outside the bedroom door. My bf pushed the other bed against the bedroom door and we lay on the hard beds but could not sleep!! This is the worst room/hotel I have ever stayed in! We checked out the next day!! I would NEVER stay here again even if I was homeless! I would rather sleep on a park bench in Hong Kong!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank angel1976London
Amy C, Owner at New Chung King Mansion Hostel, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Chung King Mansion with many small hostels,yours never stay with us,but we think stay with others in the same building.We are brand new budget hostel,and located in Chung King Mansion where favored by many budget travelers due to it's cheap accommodation and central location in Hong Kong.Due to the valued land in Hong Kong,budget hostel room are small,but room are clean and with private bathroom,free internet access,air-condition,fan,television,telephone,fan,towel and slipper.Our check-in time is 12:30PM - 01:30AM,and Check-our time is before 12:00 noon.The building ground floor which is not belong to us and for building management,there are so many shops like money exchange,baggage,restaurant as well.There are many people to make shopping and make the ground floor so crowed,but actually is very safe and no crime in our building.Money exchange are much money in the shop,but they are still running properly.Your comment are very important for us to improve our service,and we are welcome to serving yours next time.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)