“NYE Celebrations, Amazing views”
Review of Champ Kitchen

Champ Kitchen
Ranked #3,064 of 11,764 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Sitting on the 29th level of isquare facing Victoria Harbour the views here are stunning!
We booked for Champ Kitchen for NYE dinner and fireworks display, each being separate allocated times and tickets.
New Year’s Eve dinner included a set menu of 5 dishes for $860HK a little steep for the portion sizes but it’s one of the biggest days of the year and you pay for the stunning view. The food was nice the service was fast and efficient.

The countdown tickets for $328HK, service started at 11pm including a free glass of prosecco or Hennessy and a small platter for your table. If you come to HK for NYE this place is great. Cocktails are great. The peninsula hotel partially blocks your view of the countdown although there’s no missing the massive display of fireworks throughout the Harbour.
A special mention to manager Michael who upon learning of my fiancé’s Birthday arranged a special cake with birthday message and upgraded our view. This made our night even better and it’s things like this that keep us coming back, thank you Michael.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Very disappointing experience! Hereunder follows details of our "less than cracking experience".

On a whim my wife and I visited this restaurant where we decided to enjoy an afternoon drink together. Given the lovely view and the friendly waiter we decide to order a cheese platter notwithstanding the relatively steep price of $240 HKD. While waiting for the cheese platter my wife and I decided to also make a reservation for dinner given that we were enjoying ourselves so much. Accordingly we spoke to the waiter who kindly provided a business card with phone numbers so that we could make the booking.

The cheese platter duly arrived and it looked pretty good. There was bread, a few crackers plus a selection of cheese, fruits and nuts that all looked and tasted great. Unfortunately there was not enough crackers (or bread) and so I asked the waited for a few more crackers to eat with the cheese. After a while the waiter returned to tell us that extra crackers would only be supplied if we paid for them. I explained that there was insufficient crackers to match the cheese supplied and that in lieu of the fact that we were going to order an additional round of drinks and book dinner for two in the restaurant, a few extra crackers should surely be supplied free of charge. The waiter advised us that irrespective of whether we were going to order more drinks or book for dinner, he had no choice but to charge us for the extra crackers.

Upon receiving this advice my wife and I immediately cancelled our second round of drinks as well as our plans to book dinner in this restaurant. At the end of the day " money goes to where it is wanted."

Sorry CHAMP KITCHEN, my wife and I will not be back and once we post our experience to our blog, I suspect that neither will followers of our blog.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Great view of the Harbour, polite staff that helped us order the right food. The staff was particular kind to tell us about Hong Kong and advise us on our trip.
Friendly, nice start to our holiday with good food.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

It was Valentines Day. As we did not have prior bookings, after checking with our hotel concierge, we learnt that iSquare has a lot of restaurants with good view.

We started from the top floor and explored floor by floor. We decided to try Champs Kitchen as it fitted our idea of having western food with a view of the Harbour.

We were lucky to have gotten a seat. It was wonderful! We were there during sunset before other diners started coming in. We had an unparalleled view of the Harbour.

The restaurant actually served fusion food. East meets west. We decided to go for the 6 course dinner. Serving was generous with good ingredients. Food quality, I would rate 4/5, View, 5/5, service 4/5. I had particularly enjoyed the beef with foie grad dish. Very well done.

From where we were seated, we can watch the light show in one of the buildings opposite at about 7.45pm.

Overall good experience! Had enjoyed good view of the Harbour minus the cold wind.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

The restaurant has a great view of the harbour if you have a table by the window.

We ordered set lunch menu for two. Consider this place serves Chinese food, they did not offer any tea, just ice or warm water.

The dishes came one at a time so gives sufficient time to chat and enjoy the view. The food is rather greasy. The abalone noodle is rather salty though my friend already asked to go light on the saltiness. Other than being too salty the food is ok. While the entire menu is very Asian, the dessert is cheesecake which is rather odd to wrap up a meal of Chinese food.