“Great Breakfast”

BLD (Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel)
Ranked #4 of 13,063 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

It’s was a great breakfast and Naomi was very welcome. I really liked the noodle soup and the fresh fruit juice bar that they provided. Overall it was a great experience in the hotel.

Allan L, Food and Beverage Manager at BLD (Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Dear Customer

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us, we are delighted that you had a memorable experience at the BLD, we are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our authentic delicacies and service.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

While staying at the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel, my co-worker and I opted for the daily breakfast buffet at the BLD. It did not disappoint, wow. I am going to say only the Pan Pacific Singapore breakfast buffet outdid the BLD, but this was a close 2nd. Western or Eastern style breakfast, there is something here for everyone.

The staff here are very good, but there was some confusion at different points. When you're initially met at the counter, one of several staff members would hold a clip board with each room. As my friend and I were sharing a room for costs, I would always provide our room (2010) and say two. Each morning there was great confusion as the waitress would look at us, unsure if two men sharing a room is not common here but it was like ground hogs day everyday. Coffee was always quick on the initial pour from the coffee bar, by the time we returned with plates, our waitress had coffee at the table. Refills could sometimes be a lengthy request.

The food. There are multiple stations; noodle bar, eggs made to order, bakery, juice bar, pancakes / waffles, dumplings, cereals and much more. Juice bar always had at least four "juices of the day" and they were happy to make customized juice. I felt bad for the egg station, as the young frenchman was always by himself and had one burner and one pan. I'm a very patient person, waiting 5-7 minutes for eggs is not an issue....but for the other three or four people in line, that became a contentious station. If I may recommend, please give that young man a second burner and pan. He was always happy to meet people and eggs cooked to perfection, but plan ahead.

A wealth of seating, we never felt crowded upon one another here. Minor hiccups that were worked out over our four meals here, I would highly recommend. An excellent breakfast experience here each and everyday.

Allan L, Food and Beverage Manager at BLD (Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Customer

We apologize that your experience of welcome greating and await of Egg cooking were not meeting your expectations. Please rest assured that we take your comments very seriously and will share with our culinary and service team alike, we will do our very best to improve for the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

it's really a nice restaurant, Daniel recommend the hand-pulled noodles for us and mixed different sauce according our test, this local food is really yummy.
He also recommend sauving blanc white wine for us to enjoy the grilled sea food .that's really a good night!

Allan L, Food and Beverage Manager at BLD (Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I had the buffet breakfast here each morning during my 6-night stay for the Great Wall Marathon. I also had one buffet dinner. I was very satisfied with the quality and the number of dishes available. Both Asian and Western dishes were served. There were also chef’s stations available for cooking your eggs and noodles.

Fresh juices were available for breakfast and there were a wide variety of desserts available for dinner. I really enjoyed the sushi and various seafood for dinner. The restaurant was quite clean with very comfortable chairs. Service was friendly and efficient.

Allan L, Food and Beverage Manager at BLD (Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Dear Bill C,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your comments with us, firstly I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your dining experience at the BLD Cafe, we are delighted to hear your experience with us. We highly appreciate your feedback and rest assured it has been shared with the team to ensure guest experiences are always hospitable and delightful.

We would like to welcome you once again in our restaurant and provide you an unforgettable experience for you on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Breakfast here during my hotel stay was good. spread of western and Chinese fare, not extravagant but definitely more than sufficient and fresh. The fresh fruit juice bar and freshly ground coffee was a nice surprise.

Most commendable was a staff by the name of Boris, who was very attentive to my 18 month old, made sure she had her utensils, high chair, every now and then came by to make sure she had what she needed.

Allan L, Food and Beverage Manager at BLD (Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear loiagn,

Allan Li

Been to BLD (Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel)? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK