“Excellent little place - especially if you want to watch the EURO2016!”

CuJu Moroccan Bistrot & Rummery
Ranked #1,015 of 13,047 Restaurants in Beijing
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 29
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Moroccan-inspired bistro, cocktail destination and sports fan's manna all rolled into one, Renaissance man Badr Benjelloun's hutong gem is constantly evolving. Offering North African food with an international twist, classic and experimental cocktails, Beijing's widest selection of rums and sports broadcasts from basketball to cricket, Cu Ju is truly one of the city's best all-around bar-restaurants. Multiple Award winner in all nightlife categories with awards from TheBeijinger, CityWeekend, Timeout and That's Beijing.
Reviewed 12 June 2016

We came here at 1 am to watch the 3 am kickoff between England and Russia. The place was empty, but we were treated very kindly by the bar-staff. The Rum collection is quite something! The drinks were served generously, the atmosphere was very pleasant and the bar owner was also there - he is a very friendly Moroccan who is very knowledgeable about Beijing. Shame we found it so late!

1  Thank SvetAndAli

Reviewed 25 January 2016

A friend told me to check out this bar on my trip to Beijing, so when my local friends were taking me out for a night in the town I suggested this place, they told me thats exactly the place they were thinking of taking me to. So that was already a good sign.

I really enjoyed Cuju, small, non pretentious and very chill place, decorated with posters from the movie Casablanca, one of my favorites.

They were playing sports on the TV and music in the background, but since we were the only ones in the bar and we didn't care about sports, we asked them to turn TV off and just leave the music on, since they were playing Bowie, who had just died the day before and I hadn't been able to find a bar in Beijing playing his music I was very happy with that.

Food was great, we ate a lot that day, the mixed platter with blue cheese, olives as well as other Tapas style snacks was so good we ordered two of those, the cus cus was also really good.

For entrees I order their burger, which is not really a common burger, it was served on moroccan bread and the meat was filled with blue cheese and another cheese and had grilled vegetables on the side and served with spicy mustard. It was great, I really enjoyed it, very different from the burgers you would normally eat.

My girlfriend ordered the roasted chicken and my friends the sausage sandwich. They all seemed very happy with their selection.

We tried a few different rum cocktails, all of them really good and they also had a really good deal on Kirin beer.

So all in all, food, booze, music, service and atmosphere were really great and we had a pretty fun night at Cuju.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

We were struggling to find somewhere that puts on the soccer (EPL) and Cuju came up. It is a small little place in a Hutong. As far as sporting ATMOSPHERE goes, it isnt the place however we just wanted to watch our team play and have some drinks so for that it delivered!
Delicious food and flavours and fairly priced as well as a wide cocktail menu. Recommended!

Reviewed 29 October 2015

Searching for a place to watch World Series MLB in Beijing, I stumbled upon Cuju.

The owner Badr was super inviting and the crowd that I found were true die hard baseball fans.

Had one of the most excellent cups of coffees I've had in this city! They were also offering Two Guys and Pie for breakfast. So tasty.

I can't wait to come back at a later hour and check out their wide selections of Rums that almost enticed me to drink before 10am.

Located in the Hutong it might be a bit difficult for some people to find but it's worth it and had a really great charm.

Reviewed 31 March 2015 via mobile

I have been here many times and never leave disappointed. Owner is a great guy who cares about quality and freshness and most of all, his customers.

Been to CuJu Moroccan Bistrot & Rummery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK