1,629 results
All reviews sofitel beijing sofitel brand star hotel the club lounge breakfast buffet beautiful hotel platinum member silk market business district executive floor long flight rooms are large standard room subway station business hotel forbidden city walmart
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Despite being in China where everything is so in-your-face grand and glitzy, Sofitel Wanda Beijing still remains its classic self. Simple elegant luxury touches all around.

The marble was polished so well that I nearly slipped a few times but it could very well be my sandals and absolutely none of their fault.

The room was excellent being a Sofitel, the water pressure is one of the better ones.

Welcome amenities on the club floor was indulgent , it could have fed me for a good 2 days!

Only glitch was that a lack of international power sockets in the room and the Caucasian Ambassadors in the hotel tend to be a little of a groupie sort and fawning over other Westerners.

But overall, the ladies up at the Club Floor were fantastic!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Caroline T, General Manager at Wanda Vista Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear `jillie_sg`
Bonjour,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are extremely thrilled to read that you have spent an excellent time with us and you would recommend our hotel. Highly appreciated. It was a real pleasure to host you here in Beijing and please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to organize your upcoming visits to Beijing.

Caroline TRICHET
Acting General Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

It always feels like I'm coming home when I arrive at the Sofitel! I book the business club rooms and the people working there are extremely friendly and remember me! The service is superb and their language is fluent! And the staff very helpful .best regards

Trip type: Travelled on business
Caroline T, General Manager at Wanda Vista Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear `Jack T`,
Bonjour,

Million thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are again really delighted to read that you have spent an extremely pleasant and enjoyable stay with us. It was as usual a real pleasure to host you back here and once again thank you for your loyalty towards our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Beijing soon and please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to organize your upcoming stay.

Best regards,

Caroline TRICHET

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Overall, the hotel is very nice, with superb accommodation and infrastructure. But during my one-day stay, I had three independent issues with payments:
(1) my room rate was pre-paid, but I was made to REpay the rate at check-out. I only realized this afterwards, and I will contact the hotel to be reimbursed.
(2) after having dinner in the Japanese restaurant, I wanted to write the check to my room - which is what I usually do when I eat in a hotel restaurant. But then I hear "we first need to check your deposit, sir". First of all: I had made a large enough deposit at check-in, but WHY can I not simply charge to my room --- this is very uncommon, especially in such a top-notch brand. And best of all: 5 minutes later I heard that my deposit is not sufficient (which it was!) and that I needed to pay in other way...
(3) I extended my stay for a half day, until 6pm. Although I am a Gold member, I was not allowed to get a late check-out after 1pm --- so I agreed to pay a half-day rate. But I had to pay that IMMEDIATELY upon making this extension --- why not simply let me do this upon checkout??

So in conclusion: great amenities, but unnecessarily strict with financials - which is quite disappointing.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Caroline T, General Manager at Wanda Vista Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear `Roel L`,
Bonjour,

Firstly thank you for sharing your valuable feedbacks on TripAdvisor regarding your unfortunate experience in our hotel which clearly did not reach your expectations.

In regards to the Japanese restaurant check and front desk payment issue, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have felt during your visit. This is clearly not what a true Sofitel experience is about and rest assured that appropriate actions will be taken.

In order to collect further details and investigate accordingly with our team, we would really appreciate if you could contact us at dor@sofitelwandabj.com.

Once again thank you for having shared your concerns with us and sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to better host you in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

The location is interesting...very modern and directed at the business end of the market. The rooms are luxurious , large and reasonably up to date. The bathroom is large, functional with a high end feel. Breakfast was in the Club lounge, with limited choices but supplying an a la carte menu with the usual suspects, including pancakes and eggs to order. Friendliness was variable, but always professional. Bed was firm but soft, and I had no issues with the air conditioning. The subway was a short 7 minute walk away, so all tourist attractions were easily assessable. Having said that, if you want a real tourist feel, you might be better off staying closer to the Forbidden City.

Room tip: high up for a good view.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Caroline T, General Manager at Wanda Vista Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear blazeadelaide,
Bonjour,

We would like to thank you for your time and your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Wanda Beijing.

We are most delighted to read that you have spent a great time with us. Your encouraging and kind comments are a great motivation and give us even more enthusiasm in maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests. It is always pleasant to receive positive feedback from our contented guests. Be assured that your relevant feedback will provide valuable support to all of our staff, as we strive continuously to reach excellence.

Once again thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent stay in Beijing. We remain at your entire disposal for any kind of information that you may need and we hope your next visit will be more than excellent and truly unforgettable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another Sofitel experience.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

The girl from the lobby who check me out was very cold, and i requested to send my invoice to my email address until now already one week after, I receive nothing. When I book my room I made some special requests, however, i didn't receive it in the room. I didn't feel welcome as an Accor+ member and even this time i booked a club room. Very disappointing.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear `Mona C`,
Bonjour,

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

In regards to the overall rating provided and comments you have shared to us, we sincerely regret that your experience in our hotel did not totally reach your expectations and more especially regarding our services. Kindly share your staying period and full address please by contacting us at dor@sofitelwandabj.com, and we will definitely do the needful.

We really hope that you will give us the chance to better host you in the future if you may consider to stay again in our property.