“FIRST TIME IN BEIJING”

Ranked #45 of 6,491 Hotels in Beijing
Miami
“FIRST TIME IN BEIJING”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is the first trip to Beijing. Our family stayed at Beijing Sofitel. It is centrally located.

The porters are very attentive. I was particularly impressed with "Terry". He made sure our luggages are well taken care of into and out of hotel. He gave us some good histories on the local area. I particularly like his pleasing smile and kind attentiveness. He made our family feel right at home early in the morning and late at night when we come back.

The hotel is luxurious. It had eloquent decoration. Rooms are spacious. Quality of room materials are good, but had some dents/ scrapes. Overall, very good. View of the room is excellent up high. But there is major construction is going on next street. I am not sure what is going on there, but it is a behemoth big building foundation. I am not sure if the room view in that direction will be blocked by that building in the future. I hope not.

The breakfast is beyond "first class". The variety is the best we had in four five-star hotels we stayed in China. Considering we stayed at hotels use by "Ronald Reagan, Clintons, George Bush 1 & 2, and Obama", that is to say the food is truly "beyond first class". Mr. Frankel, the food manager usually strode by in the morning to make sure all things are taken care of. In short, excellent culinary experience.

Spa and swimming pool are not crowded. I used the swimming pool by myself early in the morning and at night. The plantetarium like ceiling lights which slowly change light every few minutes. That light setting makes swimming backstroke very enjoyable.

Over all, a great hotel. We will definitely come back here for our next Beijing trip.

Room Tip: watch out for that behemoth building underway across the street. It might block some room view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank frankyvonneirenevict
Daniel F, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Bonjour!

Thank you for telling us about your experience in the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. It was our pleasure to receive such positive feedback that I will share with my team internally.

Your opinion and suggestion are very valuable to us, especially regarding the room materials as well as the influence of the construction site. Regarding the room materials, we are and we will keep doing constant checks and maintenance work on our facilities to ensure the best experience for our guest. We also have noticed the potential influence from the construction site and are currently conducting a project to improve the sound proof ability of the windows, which will help to reduce noise significantly.

We hope our work could next visit even better and once again, we appreciate your timely feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Betty LI
Personal Assistant to General Manager
Sofitel Wanda Beijing
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tangerang
Reviewed 18 July 2012

overall sofitel wanda is a very good hotel, but a little dissapointed cause when we breakfast at the hotel, actually i already show it my accor card club, so we can get a disc, when im check out i also show to the reservation my card & asking abt the disc, but they tell me no disc for that breakfast even i use accor card club & im sign my credit card for the bill. My husband dont believe it so he ask one more time, the answer still the same, no disc for us. As i know, if i use that card i can get a disc. But i dont know how, on that day they tell us no disc for us. maybe we stay there using complimentary from accor card so no disc for the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank emilia1705
Daniel F, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. It would highly appreciate if you could share more details with me regarding the issue mentioned in your feedback through my email: doq@sofitelwandabj.com, I would be delighted to be at your service.

Thanks again for your great support to the Sofitel Wanda Beijing and looking forward to your next visit.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We, initially had some problems with one of the front desk staff trying to upsell us as we were checking in. The guy tried to tell us he didn't have our 2 rooms next to each other unless we wanted to upgrade one. After contacting the the Manager Mr. Daniel Fang, things were quickly straightened out and lo and behold, 2 rooms next to each other on a high floor. The rest of the stay was very pleasant from that point on.

The rooms are large, spacious, and well decorated.

The concierge was very helpful in making restaurant reservations for us and in helping us arrange a private van with tour guide to the Great Wall and Summer Palace. It's just a bit pricier than some of the online rates, however, after factoring in conversion rates, convenience fees, and peace of mind in going through a trusted tour company, the difference in price was minimal.

Staff was excellent. Bartender was eager to make drinks to our specifications. Room Service provided a bucket of ice within 5 minutes of calling.

Location is pretty central.

Overall, if I were to return to Beijing, I would stay again at this Sofitel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FredYC77
Dear Mr. Chien,

Thank you for telling us about your Magnifique Journey in the Sofitel Wanda Beijing and it is our great pleasure to be recognized by the customers for our excellent service.

Once again, we appreciate your timely feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Only positive things to stay about Sofitel Beijing. The rooms are beautiful, the service is great, and the breakfast buffet is about a mile long. I would go back to China just to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Daniel F, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 17 July 2012

Bonjour!

Thank you for telling us about your experience in the Sofitel Wanda Beijing, especially with your comments for our buffet. It was our pleasure to receive such positive feedback that I will share with my team internally.

Once again, we appreciate your timely feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was in sofitel Beijing last year and I was very happy that I dont needed to change hotels as the Package stick with one hotel...I really enjoyed the breakfast n the very stylish n high end decor n functions....only I was worried one day afternoon there was a fire announcement n I was in shock..I went out of the room n I call the front desk n seems the staff is not aware!!it was just a fire drill in the end n some part of the hotel has some very minor fire or something!later I come back to the room but still the announcement was keep on which was a bit annoying..I end up going to the swimming pool n in the end it was ok..

The late nite service is superb..they are very professional n you can really feel the high quality service level n the freshness n the pipping hot food....I ordered a Curry Chicken with rice n it was really great n tasty...after I think I have ordered 2 more times n I skp eating outside..you can feel the food was great!:))

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker try to ask for a non smoking floor n facing the city...they have very good w...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Bonjour!

Thank you for telling us about your Magnifique Journey in the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. It will serve as an encouragement for us to strive for a future improvements.

Once again, we highly appreciate your timely feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Direcort Of Quality