New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #37 of 6,163 Hotels in Beijing
Tangerang
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

overall sofitel wanda is a very good hotel, but a little dissapointed cause when we breakfast at the hotel, actually i already show it my accor card club, so we can get a disc, when im check out i also show to the reservation my card & asking abt the disc, but they tell me no disc for that breakfast even i use accor card club & im sign my credit card for the bill. My husband dont believe it so he ask one more time, the answer still the same, no disc for us. As i know, if i use that card i can get a disc. But i dont know how, on that day they tell us no disc for us. maybe we stay there using complimentary from accor card so no disc for the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank emilia1705
Daniel F, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. It would highly appreciate if you could share more details with me regarding the issue mentioned in your feedback through my email: doq@sofitelwandabj.com, I would be delighted to be at your service.

Thanks again for your great support to the Sofitel Wanda Beijing and looking forward to your next visit.

Director Of Quality
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

We, initially had some problems with one of the front desk staff trying to upsell us as we were checking in. The guy tried to tell us he didn't have our 2 rooms next to each other unless we wanted to upgrade one. After contacting the the Manager Mr. Daniel Fang, things were quickly straightened out and lo and behold, 2 rooms next to each other on a high floor. The rest of the stay was very pleasant from that point on.

The rooms are large, spacious, and well decorated.

The concierge was very helpful in making restaurant reservations for us and in helping us arrange a private van with tour guide to the Great Wall and Summer Palace. It's just a bit pricier than some of the online rates, however, after factoring in conversion rates, convenience fees, and peace of mind in going through a trusted tour company, the difference in price was minimal.

Staff was excellent. Bartender was eager to make drinks to our specifications. Room Service provided a bucket of ice within 5 minutes of calling.

Location is pretty central.

Overall, if I were to return to Beijing, I would stay again at this Sofitel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FredYC77
Dear Mr. Chien,

Thank you for telling us about your Magnifique Journey in the Sofitel Wanda Beijing and it is our great pleasure to be recognized by the customers for our excellent service.

Once again, we appreciate your timely feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Only positive things to stay about Sofitel Beijing. The rooms are beautiful, the service is great, and the breakfast buffet is about a mile long. I would go back to China just to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel F, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 17 July 2012

Bonjour!

Thank you for telling us about your experience in the Sofitel Wanda Beijing, especially with your comments for our buffet. It was our pleasure to receive such positive feedback that I will share with my team internally.

Once again, we appreciate your timely feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was in sofitel Beijing last year and I was very happy that I dont needed to change hotels as the Package stick with one hotel...I really enjoyed the breakfast n the very stylish n high end decor n functions....only I was worried one day afternoon there was a fire announcement n I was in shock..I went out of the room n I call the front desk n seems the staff is not aware!!it was just a fire drill in the end n some part of the hotel has some very minor fire or something!later I come back to the room but still the announcement was keep on which was a bit annoying..I end up going to the swimming pool n in the end it was ok..

The late nite service is superb..they are very professional n you can really feel the high quality service level n the freshness n the pipping hot food....I ordered a Curry Chicken with rice n it was really great n tasty...after I think I have ordered 2 more times n I skp eating outside..you can feel the food was great!:))

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker try to ask for a non smoking floor n facing the city...they have very good w...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Bonjour!

Thank you for telling us about your Magnifique Journey in the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. It will serve as an encouragement for us to strive for a future improvements.

Once again, we highly appreciate your timely feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Direcort Of Quality
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

True 5 star hotel with excellent outlay. Very comfortable and secure environment. Gym and pool were fantastic, bit disappointed I couldnt use the spa without the purchase of a massage which will cost 1200+RMB. I stayed on the 22nd floor and wifi was exceptional. Good local restaurants serving local food, local prices if one prefers that of the hotel ones. Also local supermarket over the road, fantastic value. Close to MTR underground train station, 2RMB takes to to any station but the airport (extra 25RMB). Taxi was a bit scarced and you really got to make sure the taxi driver doesnt try to charge you set price which will cost 3 times more than using the meter. Also do online search for tours giving you a third of the price of others. Beware not to buy anything on the shopping stops as they are all rip offs charging you 10 times the price of local stores. Beware in particular tours to medical centre where they give you free massage, then special doctors come out telling what is wrong and try to sell you medicine that costs thousands - all scam! Last but not least, the only other bit I could fault the 5 star hotel is the shower which goes hot and cold, then hot and cold. But the bath is very relaxing. Highly recommended to everyone who would like security, and comfort.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank padi8_12
, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your Magnifique Journey in the Sofitel Wanda Beijing, as well as those useful tips for other tourists in Beijing.

At Sofitel, we always strive for a superior service to our customers which I believe your feedback will be served an encouragement for us.

Once again, we appreciate you share your experience and look forward to welcoming you back in near future.