If you really want to experience the type of residence a Chinese lives in, this place is highly recommendable. Don't expect the amenities of a regular hotel on this one. It's a very nice, small, and acceptable place to stay when you're in Beijing.
Things that I like -
- People on the reception speaks English.
- Breakfast is nice (usual stuff cereals, bread, and a couple of Chinese cuisines).
- Clean rooms.
- Courteous staff.
- A very peaceful garden outside your room.
- Near Tienanmen Square.
- I arranged a hotel pick-up from the airport, and the driver is nice. He don't speak English, but he uses an app to communicate with you.
- There are several restaurants around the area. You just have to point your orders from the menu's pictures in order to tell them what you want.
- They provide you 2 bottles of water each day.
Things that I don't like
- Wifi connection is very poor. I have to use the data plan from my Chinese sim to connect to the internet.
- The distance to the nearest subway station is quite a bit far. Around 10 to 15-minute walk.
- Cable TV has very poor reception (with no English channels).
If you're ok with the negative comments that I mentioned, then I suggest that you go for it. It's quite an experience staying in this type of accommodation.
Will I come back? Although I recommend this to anyone who want's to stay in Beijing, maybe next time I'll try to look for a similar hotel, but near to the Subway station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is Beijing Courtyard Hotel has been built up base on 400 Years historic construction Si He Yuan, The said place was the former residence of famous Chinese artist Mr. Mei Lan Fang. 10 minutes walking distance from WangFuJing, the travel and commercial center of Beijing. The spacious guest rooms are sharing the beautiful inner and outer courtyard and patio with each other, and decorated by the antique furniture those are carved with dragon and phoenix, the symbol of Chinese ancient nobility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Ctrip TA so you can book your Beijing Sihe Courtyard Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Beijing
- Beijing Courtyard