All reviews forbidden city beijing hutong boiled eggs minute walk airport pickup quiet hutong decent breakfast western hotels yogurt tienanmen square subway station noodles dongsi driver alley wall china
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed three nights at the Sihe Courtyard Hotel and really loved the experience. We used their courtesy bicycles which enabled us to truly experience the backstreets of Beijing and daily life of millions of people. It is a terrific way to see and experience the city and the location is terrific to enable visitors to not only see the tourist destinations but the everyday life. It is a small hotel, staff are very friendly and keen to practice their English. The breakfast offers variety and you can order cooked egg dishes at no extra cost. Love the courtyard which is a great place to relax and plan your day. We would stay again.

Room Tip: This is a small hotel and reception is not open after hours and many taxi drivers find it difficult to locate the hotel. If you are arrive late at night we recommend that you contact the hotel to make arrangements.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RSpeidel00
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel for more than two times, it's near the famous commercial street, we rent bikes to Houhai, Lama Temple, very interesting, and the bike is free, very human and environmental protection. The yard is in a hutong, near commercial street but quiet, I love this environment.

Room Tip: We live in deluxe room, the size is ok for us..Standard room is a little small, one person is ok, I think.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann P
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Yesterday with my colleague to have a meeting in Beijing, Beijing has been in the rain, so we decided not to go out today, sitting in the room to see out the window the rain feel good, open the windows to smell the soil atmosphere, all the staff warmly, be polite to greet us, we reserved a standard room, because we are two men, so the front desk manager specially give us a free upgrade to deluxe twin room, thanks to all the staff

Room Tip: Courtyard room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ElisabethSuzhou
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Have stayed in this hotel, last time with her husband to honeymoon, this time to attend the meeting, but so warm, the grass of the yard long out, lilies open, front remember me ,specifically tofree upgrade room, let me experience a VIP, really comfortable, and enjoyed courtyards Internet, I like it here

Room Tip: The yard of the room is very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Lee B
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed at the Sihe Courtyard hotel with my parents in mid-April 2012. We had quite a pleasant stay. In a city where everything is changing in the blink of an eye, this hotel provided a glimpse into old-world Beijing. It was down a hutong, or narrow passage way, and is somewhat hidden, despite the short distance to the Forbidden City (about a 25 minute walk). Just walking down the hutong to the hotel, you are able to see old men playing cards and children running freely.

The hotel is intimate and small. There are rooms of assorted sizes circling a quiet courtyard. Our room was uniquely decorated with traditional Chinese furniture, yet still had a modern bathroom, which made my mom happy! Also, the beds are super comfortable, which is kind of a rarity in China. The only downfall was that there were quite a few ants that came into our room.

The hotel also included a breakfast (!). It consisted of toast, fruit, baozi (steamed buns), but they also made eggs to order.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family