All reviews tiananmen square two metro stations walking distance nice swimming pool minute walk shopping area stayed here for nights executive room english chinese china accor internet wall cab language
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I was in room 951 and it was as requested very quiet for my 5 day stay as was doing private tour. I was disappointed with the peeling/ warped wallpaper , dim lighting and bathroom BUT it was what I expected and was happy with the service. Unfortunately , my last day was the end of lengthy trip to Russia then China so booked an extra day to sleep in , pack, shop and catch midnight flight. ..1. The staff began steam cleaning hallway carpets at 8 am and only managed to make it two rooms down in half an hour. I went down to front desk and was told it would stop ...I rang fro t desk .. it did stop after another hour. Then to my horror the hammering and banging started.. again rang desk and said they would contact someone. Another hour later - now after 12 midday ..rang to talk to manager - they were replacing door 2 rooms down! To her credit she offered room move which ended being 1035 executive suite and cake and fruit were appreciated. I ended up a bit stressed and 2 hours sleep before my 15 hrs of flights back to Australia.
I enjoyed my stay but breakfast room had overpowering aromas so ended up having fruit and toast - I’d paid full breakfast for every night- and as checked out 7:30 pm to deal with traffic to airport and security- no breakfast on final day.
I feel it was expensive for breakfast for foreigners for breakfast and would not bother. Items in bathroom haphazardly replaced. And mould in sink and shower scum in track unpleasant
First impressions in lobby weren’t the same in rooms- even hallways tired and rooms need more lighting and wallpaper replaced 951.
I thank the manager on duty for upgrade but it was not what I envisioned- I may had well have saved one day accomodation cost and sat at airport. The $200 deposit has still not been refunded so will follow up with my bank next week.
It is convenient but not 4 star.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Dennis O, General Manager at Grand Mercure Beijing Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Ms. Louise,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Grand Mercure Beijing Central. Iam sorry that your experience did not meet your expections; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Grand Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

First, I'm very sorry for the noise which makes you can't have good rest. I can imagine that after long time traveling, how important the good sleep is. We will pay much attontion to this in our future work schedule.

Second, regarding the poor condition of the room facilities you mentioned, we will make a maintenance plan to make sure all of our facilities are in good condition. We will try our best to meet every guest's satisfaction.

Third, about the cleanness of the room, we have undertaken immediately training to all housekeeping staff and supervisors to ensure that we exceed expected standard.

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 January 2018

For its rating as a 4 star I would expect better! The room had quite a lot of stains on the carpet and the bathroom counter. The room was unbelievably hot and stuffy when we walked in. The floor became flooded with water from the shower. It really needed a deep clean with mould in the corners. We ordered a burger and a Pizza at 6.30pm. The pizza took 40 minutes to arrive and the burger came 15 mins later! Then 90 minutes after eating I was violently sick vomiting. The only real positive was that the concierge was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DougieQT
Dennis O, General Manager at Grand Mercure Beijing Central, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear DougieQT,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Grand Mercure Beijing Central. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Grand Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Best Regards!

Dominic Sun
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2017

It is not the first time that we stayed in this hotel and we always felt very welcome. If you can, go for executive room - for a little extra you get access to executive floor with excellent breakfast and helpful staff. It is not the most luxurious hotel, but very good value for money , convenient both for Financial Street and city centre and, most importantly, excellent staff

Room Tip: Choose executive rooms on the 9th and 10th floors
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Special mention to concierge Mr George Tang who went out of his way to assist us. It was my husband's birthday and Mr Tang surprised us with complimentary cake and fruit. Thank you for making our stay so special.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2017

The hotel location is quite good close to most attractions in the city. Room costs are fairly high considering it is a little tired and the rooms are fairly tired as well.
service was good and breakfast was ok too. Please upgrade and modernize the hotel and I will come back again.

Room Tip: always ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business