“"Hot Springs Have Cochroaches"”

Grand Metropark Conference Center
Ranked #456 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I am living in Beijing for a few months, and I wanted to treat myself and a friend to a nice spa experience. While the hotel lobby was grand and the room was comfortable, the separate cost for the pool area was not explained to us when we booked the stay. It cost an additional $100 dollars for us to even enter the pool and hot spring area! This should definitely be indicated on the website, so that we could have made an informed decision. When we did enter the hot springs, we swam around and were quite shocked to discover that giant cockroaches were falling from the trees and onto our heads. The place is infested! When we ventured from our room for dinner, the restaurant was open, but everything was very overpriced. While I do not mind paying higher prices for a quality experience, everything at Longxi (including the $10 potato chips) was VERY costly, apparently because their guests are a captive audience and there is nothing around for miles. I must emphasize that I VERY much wanted to like this place and embrace the experience, but 2 days here will cost a fortune that is only worth it if you are rich as Midas. We enjoyed it as best as we could, but we ended up leaving a day early.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank Alicia J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

The first time I stayed here was during the Olympics. It was great! Since moving to Beijing I have visited at least 3 times. The only real squabble - the room menu is fairly limited. However, here's clever little trick for those that are like me and prefer in-room dining - you can go to the Western restaurant and order you meals off that menu (which is far more interesting) and ask the head-waiter to send it up to your room. BTW, make time to visit the games room - Enjoy

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andile1
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I splurged on myself for one of my remaining business days in China. I really enjoyed this place. They have 25+ different spas (this costs extra) that you can soak your tired (and clothed) body in. It was very relaxing. I wasn't all that impressed with the spa massage... The best part of my stay was "Kenneth" the young man who spoke almost perfect English. He was very helpful in giving me suggestions on what to do... I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank johndfffff
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I went to this hotel with a friend while we were with a tour group in Beijing. At first we just thought "what a nice hotel", but nothing really special. UNTIL, we got to our room and looked out our balcony and to our surprise there is a wonderland of hotsprings down there. We didn't have to worry about any fees, because it was included in the tour. The service we got while using the hotsprings was just flawless. There wasn't much ppl around at that time so maybe that is why we got such great service. A girl pretty much followed my friend and I around, but yet still giving us privacy so she wasn't follow too close. And everytime we tried a new 'themed' hotspring, she would nicely place our slippers back together and fold our towels, since we were so excited we just throw our stuff and kick our slippers off.

The room was really big, comfortable and spacious, something I would expect from a 4 or 5 star hotel. We bought our 5 day tour from Hong Kong for $400 USD with everything included (flight from HK, accommodation, and food). Overall the trip was really worth it and I can't wait to revisit Asia again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ILT-11
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Firstly, I want to address the review here that this hotel isn't geared up for westerners. This is not the case. I read this prior to my trip here and was slightly concerned, but I'd needn't be. All signs and information throughout the hotel was written in Chinese and English. Most of the staff had a command of English. this is not a place that many foreigners go, so the English spoken is not fluent... but it's more than enough to deal with most requirements within a hotel.

The Good
- The hottubs & pool. There are over 30 hottubs, each with a different set of fragrances or minerals in them; some inside and others outside. Each will help address a particular 'complaint': circulation, soft skin, muscle relaxation, sleep etc.
- The showers; minor point, but the overhear 'rainburst' showers were lovely; great size and great water pressure
- Food. Food was generally very good. There's an a la carte restaurant and a buffet for al meals and both served very good local cuisine and some western dishes
- Staff. Very friendly, helpful and efficient.
- Games rooms; with Pool, snooker, arcade games and even indoor archery. There's alo a golf club next door with driving range

The not so good
- Decor. for my tastes this is a bit dated; looks very 1970's
- Smoking. For a spa resort, I've not seen so many people smoke and throughout the whole venue (even in the hot tubs)

The bad
nothing bad

The hotel is located in what appears to be in the middle of nowhere; there's nothing apparent to do outside of the hotel/golf club, so I wouldn't stay for more than 3 days. that said, its a great place to relax and unwind.

Please note that all elements of the resort (pool/hottub access, massage, snooker room, etc.) incur a charge over and above the room rate

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business