Lee Garden Service Apartment Beijing
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$ 240
US$ 129
US$ 116
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswashing machineliving roomforbidden cityfull kitchensmall kitchenwaldorf astoriawalking distancewangfujing streetfamily holidaypeninsula hotelminute walkshopping and restaurantsexcellent locationperfect place to staytwo blockssmall supermarketdengshikou subway station
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The doormen were the best I've ever met. They greeted everyone who walk through their doors and are very, very knowledgeable. They gave very good advise on where to go and how to get there, all these, even without us asking.

The room was a surprise to us. From some of the travelers' photos, I was expecting slightly run-down furniture. But it was not. The room was clean and every single one of their staff was courteous. They greeted us when they saw us at the corridor and their smiles seems to be planted on their faces permanently :)

Location-wise, I have not much complain, only that it is quite a distance to walk to the subway stations especially when you have been out walking the whole day, I'll rather cab back (the cab fares are quite cheap too - airport to the hotel, cost us around RMB80 - RMB100). The hotel is somewhat in the middle of 2 subway stations : Wangfujing Station - turn left at the hotel entrance and turn left again at Wangfujing Road. Walk all the way to the end, and you'll see the sign on the right. Dengshikou Station - turn right at the hotel, cross the road at the traffic light junction and cross again to the left. The station entrance is behind Regent Hotel.

But do be aware that the Forbidden City / Tiananmen Square is a 'short 20 minutes walk away', according to the locals. It took us 30 minutes. We tried to get a cab back to the hotel, but could not get one, as most of the drivers said they are not sure where the hotel is. My guess is that the distance is too near for them, that's why they refuse to take us.

Plenty to eat around the hotel and also shop.

Can't comment on the hotel's other facilities, as I did not use them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GoddessEneri
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This was the perfect hotel to meet our needs. Our 2 BR unit was big ebough for two adults and two children (although it's supposed to hold six --- that would have been tight). There are several other good hotels nearby with a pedestrian shopping area just around the corner. It was by far the best price for a room that size in the area. The Forbidden City is about a 15 minute walk. The room (515) was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and all spoke enough English to get by. The health club/pool/spa was nicer than I'd expected. My only gripe is about the free Wifi. It only works in the lounge and is only available when the lounge is open. So, you can't check e-mail after dinner --- just as the business day is starting in the U.S.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank GlobeTrotter186
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of April 2012 with my niece and my cousin. We asked for 3 beds so were given a free upgrade to 2 suites; one with a full kitchen. My niece and I stayed in one suite, which had 2 king beds, and my cousin in the other. The beds are very hard (which is apparently typical in China) and the carpets throughout the hotel could do with a good clean but otherwise it was fine. The front desk staff were not very friendly or helpful, actually sighing when we asked them a question. All other staff, especially the doormen, were absolutely lovely and couldn't do enough to help us during our stay. Our room faced the main road and I didn't find it noisy at all, even with the Waldorf Astoria being constructed just across the road. It is in a very good area also, with good shops and a stroll to Tianamen Square and the Forbidden City. There's a supermarket just around the corner where you can buy bottled water, wine and beer.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stacy R
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Hotel is getting old but at least sheets and towels are clean and fairly new. Stayed in a studio which is just right for two adults with two small children (we asked for a free extra bed). Washing machine and kitchen were useful for 7 day stay. Cable connection to laptop was alright. Double glass windows kept cold and noise out. Heater control was practical. Room cleaning was not very thorough - they didn't vacuum daily. Facilities are just right - one cafe with wifi service, indoor lap pool/jacuzzi, gym and small play area for kids. English at front desk was very basic, doormen were very friendly especially to the kids and knew basic directions. Local convenience store on the side of the hotel, and banks at the ground floor were useful for foreign exchange. Location couldn't have been bette - same street at Peninsula, Novel, Hilton with some nice restaurants and a short block away from busy pedestrian street Wangfujing for all the malls and local and international shops, some of which had good restaurants, cafes, groceries. Also on our street was the famous row of food night market selling barbecued scorpions and the like. They do have regular food for the unadventurous. Rest of Wangfujing has the night market, also with food, local shops and pretty St. Joseph Cathedral. For the 50% deal we found on agoda.com, it was worth it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MunchkinTraveller
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My family stayed at Lee Gardens because of the location and good price for 2 bedroom apartment. We are truly satifsfied of the service from the butler to the receptionist. They likewise can communicate in english very well. Nevertheless, the carpets need to get cleaned and shampooed and the furniture too. The room need some make over especially the walls. New upgraded television set and wifi are highly suggested. The toilet and bath are okay. Anyway, I invited my friend and her family to stay in Lee Gardens so we were together. We intend to return to Beijing coz our stay wasnt enough. DELAYED FLIGHTS and early departure. We will stay again in Lee Gardens Service Apartments

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family