Jinqiao International Apartment Hotel
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$ 177
Agoda.com
US$ 189
JW Marriott
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 215/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2015

The hotel was beautiful, although, it looks like the hotel need some remodeling due aged wear and tear on the wall and the furniture.Good hotel for business trips. Not great for family though. Staff was very good

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rajushah00007
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Checked into Beijing’s Jin Qiao Apartment hotel for 6 days in Aug 2015.
Located in the middle of nowhere, transportation is an issue as the nearest sub way is many blocks away. From the outside, the establishment looked nice, huge and imposing. There were at least 25 gigantic stainless steel flag poles complete with flags of various countries fronting the building that made it look like a miniature United Nation building. However, once inside, the facilities and services don’t do justice to the impressive facade. If you are used to the creature comforts of regular 5 stars hotels, then you should go look somewhere else, because this JQA hotel (which translates to Golden Bridge Hotel) caters to their locals who stay there on long term rental basis. Now I know why my tour agent gave me such a good deal for a 7 day tour of Beijing.
The hotel provides apartment style accommodation where you have a micro wave oven, a refrigerator, a washing machine and a cooking stove, most of which have seen its better days. Lucky for me, I don’t need to use any of these appliances and therefore I cannot tell you if they actually work.
From the room corridor on the way to my room, one can differentiate those units which have been rented out to their locals by the decorated entrances which have Chinese good luck banners and bead curtains strung across the door frame, an unusual sight in a hotel setting. Individual satellite dish sighted at their balcony is also another indication that the unit is occupied by their locals.
DAY 1 disappointment started immediately upon check-in when I had to struggle with the room door which would not open easily with a simple turn of the handle after you slide the card key. You need to apply a special technique to open it with one swift motion while pushing the door hard away from you. The bellhop stood by nonchalantly to guide me with the process. I was advised to execute these successive actions within the 5 seconds before the blinking green light fades away. I spent my first half hour tired and sweating outside my room trying to master the technique of opening the damn door. Ended up with a swollen palm and my request for a room change was denied as they claim that they are running a full house that day. Subsequent entries into my apartment became a major event, it was both funny and infuriating at the same time.
The apartment layout comprised of a tiny crammed kitchenette, a living area and a bedroom. The furnishings are dated and you can’t help noticing the psychedelic wall papers that was decorated with numerous patch work. I am quite sure they’ve engaged the same interior decorator who did Chairman Mao’s abode.
The generous space was a welcome sight but the one thing that I disliked was that the only TV in the apartment was placed in the living area instead of the bedroom which I am so used to. Also, there are no familiar channels like CNN, MTVs or HBOs to make you feel at home. Another point of discontent was the hard and worn mattress which made sleeping extremely uncomfortable. Needless to describe the state of the pillows and linens.
There is a supermarket within the hotel complex on the ground floor and judging by the number of hotel guests patronizing the supermarket, you can tell that the price is reasonable. The other facilities available are comprehensive but they were of no relevance to me as I am out touring the city the entire day.
The stained carpets in the apartment looked like it hasn’t been changed since the building was constructed and exudes a stale damp smell but after a while, the smell kind of grow on you and you forget that it was even there. I must say that the two air-conditioner units worked perfectly in the 35 degrees heat and the water pressure from the shower rose was good. Another item that bothered me was the quality of the toilet paper provided in the room toilet is absurdly abrasive and will surely cause injury when cleaning your orifice in a rush.
Breakfast was depressing, the bland coffee which looked like recycled dish washing liquid is served white from the pot. Some days, even eggs and bread were missing. The remaining breakfast spread will make a vegetarian jump for joy with a selection of vegetables, sweet potatoes, carrots, rice, noodles and the likes. I was tipped off by the service staff that both the quantity and quality of their breakfast has a direct relationship with the occupancy of the hotel. It was confirmed when I noticed that on one of the day when there were many hotel guests in the breakfast area, the food became more palatable and there was actually bacon, sausages, cornflakes and wafers.
At best, this joint is only good for a 3-star rating. If you want value for money and use it as your base while touring Beijing, the JQA hotel may be one of the better choice. After all, it’s the spectacle of Beijing that you want to experience.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rueban L
Reviewed 19 August 2015

I traded in my Gold Crown rated timeshare for this Hotel, described as, in the heart of Beijing. That is not entirely true. The room was adequate. The bed was a king and was comfortable. The living room furniture was pretty uncomfortable, and very cheap. The AC worked "most" of the time, had to ask for help at least 3x"s during the week. A few staff speak English, Steven in the Black Olive restaurant speaks it well, and occasionally there would be a reception staff who spoke English. The staff behind the desk were minimally helpful, and could improve at customer service.
The subways were within walking distance and pretty easy to navigate, once we understood their system. Taxi's reasonable. We were also walkers and walked to the Marriott area and found a good little café not too far from there, and a large Super Market and mall. If you need a guide and/or driver while there we found a private one that was a better price than the hotel tour groups. She can be contacted at: lindaguide@hotmail.com Ph: (0086)13691598802, she has been a guide for 15 years and speaks great English. We found out later the that the North area of Beijing is generally considered a good area to stay in. Oh yes, and this hotel was very family oriented. The lobby was full of families with small children most of the day.

Room Tip: Avoid a room that faces the tennis court and trains, and dog park.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank tennisbum60
Reviewed 7 June 2015

I just returned from Beijing staying 7 days in Jin Qiao. The reviews I read before I went was not too encouraging however to my surprise it was good. The hotel apartment was clean and well equiped. The bathroom was very clean and the cooking facility was sufficient. Although the subway was not at the door step , it was only a 10 minute walk away from either the Guangqumenwai or Guangqumennei station. There is a wet market near both the subway stations. The receptionists were helpful and in times when we couldnt understand the mandarin spoken she used translation apps to help us out.
Yes I will use this facility again if going to Beijing.

Room Tip: I am a member of Absolute @ JinQiao with time sharing. This is a good choice for Beijing.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank MengSee
Reviewed 17 September 2014

I stayed in a small apartment for a week. The size of the room I got was substantial for the money paid, but on the downside the bathroom smelt really funny all week and I had to chase down the occasional cockroach. The carpet could have done with being replaced, and the mattresses were rock hard (and I like a firm mattress, but this one was granite-like). The breakfast buffet wasn't great, but then given it cost the equivalent of £1.50 for all you can eat it was pretty amazing! The staff mostly struggled with English, and I found the wifi (which I could only connect to in the hotel foyer, not in my room) was a bit patchy, although they did provide sofas in the spacious foyer so you had somewhere to sit whilst checking your e-mail. It was also a long way from the nearest metro station, but I believe they are building a closer station which will hopefully be finished by end of 2015. oh, and when I came to pick up my bag to leave, the concierge wouldn't give it back to me without me giving him a tip! I'd like to think that sort of thing was optional (and I had been told that tipping was pretty rare in China), but I guess they are catching on. Would I stay there again? Probably not. But I imagine it could have been a lot worse.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo