All reviews country kitchen manor club red bowl cctv tower voss water cocktail hour premier room nespresso machine favorite hotel beautiful hotel walk in closet lobby lounge living area hotel restaurants peking duck traditional chinese hotel experience
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

What a great hotel! Staff, location and facilities are unbeatable and the bar with the live music the best place I'm town. They took care of us from arrival to check out, well trained staff, great management. Will be back to this exquisite hotel!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeoulFoodS
JimmyChan_RWBJG, Hotel Manager at Rosewood Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear @SeoulFoodS,

Thank you for choosing Rosewood Beijing and taking the time to write a glowing review.

We are glad to hear that you liked the hotel facilities and enjoyed MEI Bar. We are also pleased to know that our associates left you with a warm impression. Our hotel aims to provide unparalleled service while presenting a truly unique experience.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Beijing in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Central location, luxurious hardware and beautiful design are not uncommon in China these days. But Rosewood is certainly among the best and its reputation is well deserved.
Got the grand studio and the room is very well designed aesthetically and functionally with a huge bath tub and modern amenities. Luxurious and modern -- top notch. And I have found "On China" by Henry Kissinger, English translation of "Dream of the Red Chamber" and an guide to explore the Hutong in Beijing in our room. They are serious when they put those books to the guest rooms -- not just for show!
The pool and spa area is also great. It literally transports you to a different dimension on earth.
Tried the Red Bowl restaurant and the brunch at Bistrot-B and the brunch is about the best you can get in Beijing. The hotpot is also great.
But the most important thing that separates the Rosewood from the others is consistent high-quality service about in every aspects. We found the turn-down service and housekeeping to be very professional -- efficient, checks all the right boxes and unobtrusive (which is rare in China), and the staff at the front desk, pool/spa and the restaurants are all up to international standard -- par the best of the industry, such as the Ritz. The staff are obviously well-trained and take proud in their work.
All in all, absolutely the most sophisticated hotel in China, and surprisingly so because it's Rosewood's first attempt in Asia -- yet it managed to surpass the more experienced, and larger international chains (Marriott, SPG, Hyatt...) in terms of professionalism and overall quality. How did they manage to do it?
If there's anything to be improved, we think the service can be a little more personalized -- but then if the service gets everything right, why would anyone insists on the gimmicks to make you feel like you are special? -- com'on. I think one is more dignified if the service is "Ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen" -- well, I think Rosewood Beijing has done that (more than many real Ritzs in China:-)
And I would really love to see the heated bathroom floor and automatic toilet as in Park Hyatt Hangzhou:-)
Did the Rosewood Beijing deliver the "A sense of place" experience? Yes! And what a place!:-)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
JimmyChan_RWBJG, Hotel Manager at Rosewood Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear @myst_haidian,

Thank you for choosing Rosewood Beijing for your recent stay. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

We are happy to hear that you loved our hotel design and enjoyed dining at RED BOWL and Bistrot B. The pool and spa area is a serene place to relax and unwind amidst the hustle and bustle of the city.

We are also delighted to hear that our associates left you with a warm impression. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Rosewood Beijing in the near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Having stayed in a bunch of hotels all over China, I was getting accustomed to shoddy service. But the Rosewood Beijing saved the day!

Everything about this hotel is top notch. The rooms are luxurious. And MEI bar is great for a wild night.

But for me, the best thing about this hotel is the staff. They'll literally do anything for you.

One experience that sticks in my mind is the concierge's persistence in getting a Macdonalds delivered to my room at 1 am in the morning. Despite the Macdonalds delivery boy's best efforts NOT to find the Rosewood.

The Rosewood is my hotel of choice in Beijing.

Room Tip: Get a room with CCTV tower view
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Richmond H
JimmyChan_RWBJG, Hotel Manager at Rosewood Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear @Richmond H,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel room and happy to know that you liked MEI. We are also delighted to know our associates have left you with a warm impression. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Beijing in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Rosewood is a fantastic hotel with great modern rooms.

But the staff knowledge of English must be improved.

I went to the Fitness room on the Swimming pool floor. The indications to the Fitness room were not clear and I ended up at the Swimming pool. Careful of the Swimming pool entrance as it looks like a glass floor over water but it isn't !! You will step in water.

I ordered room service and got vegetarian fried rice instead of prawn fried rice.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
JimmyChan_RWBJG, Hotel Manager at Rosewood Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear @Mike L,

Thank you for staying at Rosewood Beijing and we appreciate your kind effort in sharing your experience with us.

I am pleased to know that you liked our hotel room.
As for the service issues, please allow me to extend our deepest apologies. We will conduct further training to all associates to prevent this issue from happening again in the future.

Should you require assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Rosewood Beijing.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I stayed at the Rosewood for four nights in late January, travelling with three friends. And, we loved it. We had access to the club lounge as well and that made a real difference. We were welcome at any hour to drop by for a drink (in fact we turned up at 3am on our first night, after arriving late into Beijing), setting the tone for our stay. The rooms were fantastic and the staff, service and advice about Beijing were excellent. One of the best city hotel experiences I've had... we all loved it and asked could we move in! Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear @JB3000,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed Manor Club and liked the hotel room. We are also happy to know that our associates left you with a warm impression. Our hotel aims to provide unparalleled service while presenting a truly unique experience.