Sunworld Dynasty Hotel
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Chunhao Hotel(Beijing)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationforbidden citynoisy at nightshopping areaswimming capwalking distanceexecutive floorwould recommend this hotel to anyonenight marketshort staybuffet breakfastwangfujing shopping streetwestern stylecomfortable roomlanguage barrierchina tourhotel is excellent
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The first thing I noticed was the big square a the centre of the hotel. Everything went well even though not all the personal of the structure spoke English. The Buffet dinner was good and everithing I eated I was able to digest. Nothing special

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
sunworld d, Public Relations Manager at Sunworld Dynasty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for choosing Sunworld Dynasty Hotel Beijing. Hope we can have the chance to serve you next time. Best Wishes!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Check in and out were fast and efficient. My room faced a side road but was blissfully quiet after about 9:00 pm. It was smallish but extremely comfortable, if a little dated. A small problem with air conditioning was attended to promptly and effectively. The breakfast has quite a number of choices but it was basically boring and I was glad I had not made the effort to take it on more than one of my four days. Nevertheless my stay was quiet and enjoyable in a perfect location just a short walk from the subway.

I am not one who likes atrium hotels. This has a massive square atrium on Level 3 with a small part being where meals are taken. On the Sunday, though, there was a very large wedding party. So those rooms which face the atrium (on two sides of the square) and those on a third side which open on to a corridor exposed to the atrium would have experienced a great deal of amplified noise. To be fair, the revels had concluded by early evening. Whether the hotel has evening parties or not, I do not know. If so, I would certainly not wish to have a window or door exposed to the atrium. So that leaves just rooms facing the roads on, I believe, the south and east.

The one major failing came as I left for the airport at 9:30 am. Unlike most hotels I have stayed in on many previous visits, this one does not have a dedicated taxi rank. So the concierge calls a taxi for you. For the first time in 33 years of visiting China, I was shown into a taxi without any of the hotel staff checking that the meter was switched on. It was about 200 meters before I realized this. I asked the driver to do so twice, each time my request being waved away. Finally I shouted for him to stop. In Chinese I asked him “how much?” He quoted double what I would expect to pay. I refused and told him I was getting another cab. As I waited for him to open the trunk, he tried to negotiate. I stood my ground. Eventually, I got my case and he raced off.

I walked quickly back to the hotel, reported what had happened and gave them the taxi number. I was told another cab would arrive in less than three minutes. After four minutes, I gave up, walked across the road to the Courtyard hotel and immediately got a taxi from its rank. For price, location and the comfort of the room, I had planned to give the Sunworld Dynasty 4 stars. As a result of the taxi debacles, I have deducted one.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms should not face or have door access on to the huge atrium
Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

As commented in most reviews - the location of the hotel is fantastic. Walkable to the main city center attractions and 5mins to metro.

Rooms are either inward facing to the courtyard or outward to the outside world. We checked both and preferred outward facing room for the extra light. The ceilings are quite low so could be an issue for some taller people above 6ft3in. Comfortable bed and good pillows. Buffet breakfast was more than adequate with a pretty good selection of things, but whether worth 100rmb I would challenge this.

Unfortunately we had soiled towels in our room upon checkin which was very disappointing, but the hotel and duty manager dealt with this pretty well.

In summary - good value for a comfortable room in a great location. Would recommend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel, good value and an incredibly great location. I'd definitely stay there again. Suggest you book the upgraded rooms on the 9 & 10th fb floors as this entitles you to the daily breakfast buffet (very nice) and happy hour with food. We did not do dinner very much as we were full with the free food. Good rooms and facilities, and the location was so good that 2 separate tour guides commented on it. I was very happy with Sunworldly Dynasty.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

This was the the second hotel we have stayed at in china. It’s local to many of the sights and a shopping area. This area seems to cater to the westerners well.

Most of the hotel staff spoke some English so communication was fairly good. There is a restaurant serving duck inside the hotel, also a spa and pool.

Bed was a little firm, and the view looked out on the road.

Overall very happy with everything, good WiFi and breakfast:)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple