“Excellent hotel right in the middle of city” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Kunlun

Hotel Kunlun
Ranked #76 of 6,427 Hotels in Beijing
United Arab Emirates
“Excellent hotel right in the middle of city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

I often travel to Beijing and this is the only hotel I choose to stay. Not that far away from airport an ideal hotel in the midst of buzzing city, good for shoppers and office locations. The hotel is grand in style, good food, spacious rooms and are well maintained with free internet. The service is excellent and the staff is courteous.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelKunlun_Beijing, Director of Sales at Hotel Kunlun, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Dear RAMRK,

We're delighted to know that Hotel Kunlun is 'your only accommodation choice' during your visits to Beijing!

We very much value the feedback and comments of our frequent guests as we aim to maintain a high level of service through each day, month, and year; we invite you to contact us at any time, to let us hear your thoughts during future travels.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

The location is to a high enough standard, with prices to match.

However, the stay was entirely destroyed when checking out. They claimed I had taken a bottle from the mini-bar that I know I had not - in fact there was no such bottle when I came to my room. So I refused to sign the bill for that item, since I had not bought nor consumed it. Even after spending half an hour at the reception, it was not possible to get this sorted, and I had to leave for my next appointment. Of course, compared to the entire bill, this one bottle was maybe no big deal at all, so I should probably just accepted the charge, but their attitude was so bad I really thought I could not. I did not follow up with the credit card company afterwards, I suppose I should.

But I would warn anyone else, if this hotel has this kind of attitude over a detail like this, then I would really fear it if the matter was something more serious.

So I would not recommend a stay in this location. I have never before given a location a "1" rating, but this place deserves it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank egilk
HotelKunlun_Beijing, Director of Sales at Hotel Kunlun, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your candid review of Hotel Kunlun, and of your experience here in May.

On behalf of the staff and management here at Hotel Kunlun, please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your check-out, and for the poor handling of it by our staff. Your very honest review has stressed to me the importance of having an experienced eye present at all times. Though I regret greatly that this lesson came at the expense of your satisfaction, I am grateful that you have taken the time to share your experience.

I hope sincerely that you will allow us the opportunity to get to know you and your opinions during a future visit to Beijing, perhaps over a coffee or a meal, in order to extend my personal apologies, and to allow us to improve our services in the future.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies for your experience during your May stay.

Warmest regards,
Yoshiko Kurotsu
Asst. Director of Sales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I was stayed at Kunlun 4 nights and i really like this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

Now this is one of the best hotels i have stayed in during the course of my travels, since my travel is usually work related the price offered by the hotel was also very reasonable. The Breakfast and internet were included in the room rent(benefits of corporate negotiations). The service in this hotel is excellent. The best part is the choice for breakfast, they have got such a large variety in there buffet that you are spoiled for choice and the lobby has this enormous glass table that you wonder how they got it in. This was my first trip to China and i dont know about other hotels but they have this desk in the lobby where the staff will guide you to where ever you want to go and also help you write in chinese on these cards they have made out especially to guide the taxi drivers or anyone you would want to ask due to the language issue in Bejing. The room service is also excellent. The rooms are good, clean and have a wonderful view of the city.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelKunlun_Beijing, Director of Sales at Hotel Kunlun, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your kind review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at Hotel Kunlun.

As the independently-managed luxury and business hotel affiliated with Shanghai-based JinJiang Hotels, our staff here at Hotel Kunlun strive to provide excellence in service to each of our guests. We are proud to offer our guests as much personable assistance as possible, and we appreciate that you were able to experience this during your stay here. In fact, the breakfast that you enjoyed is a result of importance and value that we place in our guests' opinions-- we continually add menu items and tweaked flavors as our guests have suggested. We invite you to give us a few suggestions of any items you may wish to see the next time you visit-- rest assured, our Food and Beverage management and Chefs will do their best to dish it out!

Please do think of us during your next visit to Beijing -- and in the meantime, follow us on Facebook for some great snapshots and tidbits of information!!

PS- Here's a great FYI for you: that large glass table is made handcrafted Thai glass, and took the strength of 16 men to get it into our lobby back in 2005. Really!!!!
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

I recommend this hotel highly. However, I must point out that the hotel is not located close to main attractions and if you are travel savyy and like taking mass transportation to the attractions and airport, this is the place for you. It is clean, safe, and located close to a up scale mall, and a flee market, in which yu can find cheap food and reasonable priced food in the up scale mall, also it is close to a awesome Korean BBQ place which it is great for meat lovers. The hotel is up to the 5 stars standards, it has several restaurants inside and awesome breakfast. Tough, the restaurant inside the htel is quiet pricy even compared to its international counterparts. But food is good and very nice atmosphere. Guest in the hotel are mainly businessman, government officials and diplomats... so you wont see many kids running around or nagging grandmas and old hacks. For me that is two thumbs up. Because the only old hack and annoying children are my wife and my kids.. LOL.

Room Tip: webs and travel agencies has discounts.
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank datony
HotelKunlun_Beijing, Manager at Hotel Kunlun, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Datony,

We're glad you enjoyed your May stay at Hotel Kunlun-- despite whatever 'hacks and (other) annoyances..." you may have been traveling with :)

Our breakfast buffet is a result of many taste-tests and guest recommendations, and is admittedly on the best in the city, especially in terms of the great variety of local Chinese, Asian, and Western choices that we offer. We're very glad you enjoyed it.

Hotel Kunlun does offer room rates that are on par with our branded competitors. As an independent luxury and business hotel, we also strive to consistently offer amenities and services that you would expect from any other high-level hotel, anywhere in the world. That's why we're happy to have rolled out a great offering of Advanced Purchase rates and packages for those travelers who are able to book their accommodations with a reasonable period of time ahead of their arrival.
The summer months in Beijing may be a little too humid to bare-- but the beautiful days of autumn are just around the corner... we hope to see you and your entourage here again soon!