“Outstanding Service”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 82.04*
and up
Private Old Beijing Walking Day Tour: Dashilan Shops, Lunch, and Foot Spa...
Ranked #30 of 380 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: The China Guide creates private, customized China tours. With our Western-style travel sense and passion for Chinese culture and history, let us send you on a journey you will never forget.
Latham, New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Like some other reviewers, I found this service somewhat by accident when searching TripAdvisor. Booked them for two private tours - half day at Imperial City and full day at the Great Wall and Summer Palace. Found my guide Judy to be very knowledgeable and fluent in English, and gave me the "back story" on the attractions. The driver also competently navigated the Beijing traffic, which is quite a feat. Loved how they personalized the tour according to my requests and did not force shopping stops on me. Also included two lunches at excellent restaurants. Was like having a Chinese friend show you the sights. Overall a great service at a reasonable price and would recommend them highly to other Westerners.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank fitzfam51
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Greek first
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The China Guide is a brilliant service.”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I found The China Guide by chance doing internet searches on Google for tours in China. I was looking for the sort of service that I got from JTB in Japan and once I found the website I noticed that they had a lot of information about travelling and a lot of options as well. I could book the level of tour and options that I wanted and they could book train tickets for me as well. I found it to be a one-stop solution for my tourism needs in China.

My Sales agent, Francine was very helpful in the whole booking process. I made a special request for a train ticket from Shanghai to Beijing and I wanted a special ticket for First Class travel. Francine arranged everything quickly efficiently and in a friendly manner. At all times throughout the booking process and while I was on tour I felt that I had no issues and that everything would go to plan. This is very reassuring, especially after visiting some other countries where tours are not organised as well.

My guide in Shanghai was Rocky and he was very personable and knowledgeable. He made every effort to ensure that I was comfortable, well informed and ensured that I got to see everything that I could. Both Rocky and the driver made special efforts to work with my preferred pickup times (I preferred later pickups in the morning) and they both gave me great ideas of things to look at on my own and helped me with everything. I was able to tailor the days activities and even all of the activities as a whole very well with Rocky. Having a personal guide has many benefits and I believe that the price was very good.

My Guide in Beijing was Judy and she was also very personable and knowledgeable. She was very engaging in the way that she explained things and asked me lots of questions to ensure that things were sinking in. To be honest, it wasn't all sinking in as I was learning so much so quickly, but Judy made special points to ensure that important things stuck. Judy and the driver also made a special point of ensuring that my pickup times were good for me and that I could rest where possible. Judy looked at my three day itinerary and moved things around to get the best out of the time that we had and to see as much as possible.

I wouldn't hesitate to not only recommend their services, but also to use them again on my next trip to China. I saw a lot and I know that there is so much more for me to see and I got a really good feel for the places that I visited as well as met some great people in the tour guides and drivers.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank DAH-Perth
Sydney
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We booked for three people the one day Great Wall Mutianyu and Ming Tombs tour, which included lunch, cable car tickets and a trip to the Sacred Way.

We booked The China Guide as the cost was all inclusive unlike some of the others offering the same trip.

The guide we had, Jerry, was absolutely brilliant. Super friendly and knowledgeable and very helpful with my elderly father who had some issues walking up some of the steep paths and stairs.

I would highly recommend this company. I just wish we'd booked other tours with them.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank fluffybundles
new york
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great guides and great to work with.”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I heard of The China Guide through the internet and was immediately impressed with their professionalism and thoroughness. Their website was far superior to all others and included practical tips like what phone to use, currency conversion and local customs.

I dealt w/Francine who worked with me in personalizing our itinerary. We were going to be in Beijing for 3 days after a cruise and wanted to see as much as we could. The suggested 3 day tour was fine but we wanted to add some things and delete others. Francine did it all, got the itinerary together and insured that it was everything we wanted.

Our ship docked in Beijing and Jerry, our guide, was waiting for us just as Francine said he would, holding a sign with our name on it. I had a van the first day b/c of the luggage and Jerry arranged for the driver to pull up to our spot, loaded it up and we took off immediately to The Forbidden City. In 3 days we saw everything and I cannot say enough about Jerry. He was amazing in thinking of every last detail and insuring that we had everything we needed. He even carried bananas w/him when we were walking on the The Great Wall, so we would have a short snack, and a welcomed one, on a hot day.

On our travelling day, they picked us up at the hotel at 4:30 - we had a 7am flight- got us to the airport and stayed with us until we were checked in and on our way to the gate. They took all of the hassle out of everything.

Unlike other tours where you get a set meal, Jerry took us to 4 separate restaurants. In 3, we were the only non-Asians there and in the other, there were a few. So, we ate at LOCAL places. In all of them, Jerry asked us what we wanted and ordered off the menu. And we could have beer if we wanted, which was included, unlike other places where even if you order a soft drink you pay some exorbitant price. The food was great and you really got feel of the local people, their cuisine and their lifestyle.

One of the previous reviewers said it best, it's not the cheapest guide service, but it is well worth the money given the convenience, time saved, the amount we saw and the personal service. If we had a question, it was answered. If we wanted a certain food, they found it for us. If we had a question they answered it. And, given what other people paid for their tours, we got a great value for our money.

I recommend these folks without reservation. And don't be afraid to tell them what you want. If it can be done they will do it. Try these folks, you will not be disappointed.

Visited May 2012
9 Thank theboneNewYork
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredible Great Wall Tour”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Jan, 2012 - A time we'll never forget!! Thanks to "The China Guide" for making our visit to the Great Wall a Fantastic Experience!!! Loved our private guide, Andy, who spoke great English and made us feel right at home! Lots of history and local tips as we drove through the mountains and then a wonderful lunch - delicious countryside food - local residents made us welcome in their home/bed and breakfast. And we chatted with other visitor/travelers - terrific!!
But no one had a guide like ours!! As we climbed up to catch our first vista - WOW!! Andy knew how to help us capture the moment and we have priceless photos to prove it!
From beginning to end, The China Guide made our visit wonderfully memorable,and, Andy, if you ever come to the states and especially Chicago we would love to return the favor! Thanks!

Visited January 2012