“TRB Hutong - Exceptional Evening ”
Review of TRB Hutong

TRB Hutong
Ranked #13 of 13,066 Restaurants in Beijing
Price range: US$ 73 - US$ 102
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Houhai
Description: TRB serves contemporary European cuisine and is committed to providing the highest levels of hospitality for our guests. In creating our dining space, the Australian architectural and design firm Hassell emphasized the clean, light filled and thoroughly modern lines of what was once a television factory producing the capital's first black and white TVs. The history of the TRB compound spans 600 years: it includes ancient halls of worship, factories constructed after the Communist takeover and slogans left over from the Cultural Revolution. Renovation began in 2008, focussed on preserving all the layers of history and keeping as much as possible of the original structures.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just came back from dinner at TRB Hutong and we are overwhelmed!!!! The quality of the food, the standard of service, the amazing surroundings and the superb wine, just couldn't be better.... Highly recommended.... We booked the Classic Menu and took the wine tasting with it..... Unforgetful evening, both the food and the ambience.... great quality cuisine in Beijing.

Date of visit: November 2018
TRB_Beijing, Assistant Director of Operatons at TRB Hutong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear rkantor,

Warm greetings form TRB Hutong.
We are delighted to read that we have been able to overwhelm you last week.

Hope this unforgettable evening can be a sweet memoire for your trip in Beijing.
Looking forward to welcome you back in TRB Hutong!

From my wife, Fernanda: a Brazilian- French:
We had a such nice experience the Restaurant for my birthday last week.

The meal is assorted for all tastes and for a fixed price, you can choose 5 topics for the entire menu, which means that if you love desserts, you have 1 salty plates and 4 desserts, if you like or various combinations.

On top, for also a fixed price, you can add a wine selection, which means that each plate will be followed by a different glass of wine, not only french ones, it’s a well thought out selection of wines, a nice surprise for each plate.

That makes an amazing tasting experience, good food, wonderful wine, excellent service and the location can not be better, as is just in front of the Forbidden City.
Consider that I lived in France for 10 years and since I left this country, all my birthdays have been celebrated in a different French restaurant, I can say that this one I would love come back for the next year !!!

Fernanda

Date of visit: November 2018
TRB_Beijing, Assistant Director of Operations at TRB Hutong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Victor_in_SP,

Greetings from TRB Hutong!
Thank you for making the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor.

Both of our venues have an exclusive location. TRB Hutong is located in a 600year old Buddhist temple, with a European fine dining setting. TRB Forbidden City is located right next to the east gate of Forbidden City and has a hand full of tables with direct view on the historic place.

We are definitely thrilled by your kind words and are looking forward to welcome you back to one of our properties next year!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What an exquisite dining experience, from the oysters flown fresh from France, to the fish, goose liver and all the wine pairings. A magical night .

Dear sunshine_susan,

Warm greetings from TRB Hutong!
It is definitely rewarding to read your positive comments here on Tripadvisor.

Our current oysters are daily Fresh 'Gillardeau' from France, we are glad to know that you liked them.

Hope to welcome you back to TRB Hutong or TRB Forbidden City!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

WOW! I travel a lot and do treat myself for good meals whenever I can. That includes highly awarded and renown places. So being able to benchmark TRB now it fits right up up to the top. The reason is that its not only down to the Chef but everything is perfectly translated into an experience. Especially for a city like Beijing the service was so amazing. Friendly, engaging, not intrusive or overdoing it, generous at the little treats in between and naturally nice.
I went for lunch but I would have gone for dinner as well if the traffic is not a gridlock in Beijing. Do yourself the favor and visit. Special thanks to Shaun, Dolly and Rutger they made it truly amazing.

1  Thank Sirleon

Dear Sirleon,

Warm greetings from TRB Hutong!
Thank you for your pleasant words and rating us with 5stars on Tripadvisor.

I have shared your feedback with Shawn and Sunny aswell and they full of joy to receive your compliments!
It was a pleasure to meet you in person this week and I hope you have found your way back to Bali.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in TRB Hutong!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I found this place online while searching for restaurants in Beijing, not only because the restaurant is inside a Hutong, but it's inside a temple that's inside a Hutong. Also, the food is French, but in a Chinese setting. The food did not disappoint. I specifically selected five courses from the brunch menu, and every dish was amazing - and on top of that there was a "surprise menu" that was indeed pleasant.

What's most wonderful about this place is the service. Both Francisco and Shawn were attentive, and took the time to explain each dish to me. I didn't get the names of the other folks with whom I had interactions with, but they also added to the wonderful dining experience. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Beijing.

Date of visit: November 2018
TRB_Beijing, Assistant Director of Operations at TRB Hutong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear andy w,

Warm greetings from TRB Hutong!
It was great to had you with us last weekend in our restaurant.
We have shared your Tripadvisor comment with the team and in particular Francisco and Shawn were static to receive your compliments.

Hope you have enjoyed your further travels in Beijing.
We are all looking forward to see you return to one of our restaurants.

Rutger Wildenborg

Been to TRB Hutong? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK