All reviewsthe executive loungegreat hotelembassy arearooms are spaciousbusiness tripbreakfast and dinnerseparate showerairport expresschinese restaurantring roadsubway stationtaxigymchinaembassiesjessiestarbucks
Reviewed 5 April 2016

I've stayed at this Marriott my last two times in Beijing. The price is reasonable and the service is great. The rooms are modern and comfortable, although I've had issues with the air conditioning in the past (sometimes my room just wouldn't get cold). I've also had issues accessing my vpn through their wifi, but not at other hotels I've stayed at in China. The lounge is nice, but the food could be better. The location is pretty convenient in Chao yang. Nice that there's a starbucks in the lobby. Overall my experience has been positive and I would stay again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2016

I have stayed over 20 nights at this location in the last year and I have yet to have a bad experience. I will say both Beijing Marriotts (the other being City Wall) are good, but this one wins on having a better lounge, amenities nearby, and location. Speaking of which...

Location: For business travelers, this is a big deal. If you're doing business away from the heart of the city, this is a great hotel for your base camp. It's beyond the 3rd Ring (and close to the 4th Ring Road) so you have that much less time stuck in traffic in the inner city. That isn't to say the traffic by the hotel is good, because it's not. Xiaoyun Road and both 3rd and 4th Ring Roads are nightmares. For leisure travelers, this is still a good location if you're doing stuff outside the city. If you're just doing Forbidden City, there's better locations, but this one can put you on the highway to the Ming Tombs, Badaling, and Mutianyu rather quickly (provided traffic is accomodating). There is also mass transit nearby (including an express train to the airport) and lots of restaurants, both Chinese and international. The hotel also offers transport to and from the airport, but it's not cheap. Taxis run much cheaper, or you can contract with a local tour company to pick you up/drop you off for less.

Amenities: There are two restaurants within the hotel, and both are decent. If you're looking for westernized Chinese food, Choy's Seafood on the 2nd floor will fill in. I have yet to eat a chicken dish there where I had to pick bones out. The Bistro also does buffet style dining. There is a Starbucks in the lobby if you're desperate for coffee. There are also several good Chinese and roast duck restaurants nearby, as well as several western style establishments.

The sixth floor has a fitness room, a spa, and a pool. The hot tub in the pool area is very large (can sit more than 10 comfortably) and the pool is well kept and usually quiet. The pool also has fantastic views northeast toward the business district off the 4th Ring Road. There is also a gender-specific hot tub in the locker rooms, but this was out for maintenance on my last visit. The fitness room has both free weights (dumbbell style only) and weight machines for both upper and lower body. There are also elliptical, cycles, and treadmills, with there being about twice as many treadmills and the other two.

Lounge: It's located on the 25th floor, so you get good views. Breakfast is served up here in addition to the Bistro, and I always eat up here as it tends to be quieter (except when That Guy is in the lounge and decides to call his kids back home on speakerphone). It is a full assortment for breakfast: salads, breads, yogurts, cheeses, meats, beans, rice, oatmeal/congee, bacon, potatoes, and an omelette station. It gets a little louder in the evenings as people hang out to unwind and kill their livers with free drinks and food.

The rooms are well decorated and comfortable, but I will say this hotel has a thing for glass. The wall between the bathroom and sleeping area is glass (with a motorized shutter) and the desk is glass (if you use an external mouse, bring an iPad/mouse pad, or find a magazine to use). I love the bath tubs; they're deep. The only warning with the rooms is the walls can be a bit thin - don't be surprised if you hear your neighbor's kids screaming or even some guy snoring while you walk down the hall.

The staff are always polite and willing to try to help if you have questions or need assistance. All in all, this property lives up to the standards you expect at a Marriott.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Have stayed in this hotel many time. Good location not too far from airport and walking distance to subway station. Room is standard Marriott fitting , spacious and clean. Service is very good from all level of staff, specially the girls from the executive lounge. Not really for tourists , but great for business travelers and many restaurants across the road.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a week and I should say the place is one the best I have stayed at.

The staff is very courteous and friendly. My thanks to Joanna, Jeffrey, Dianna, Crystal, Leo, Jacky, iris, Stephanie Thomas and Maggie!

The restaurant and the lounge are also great and location is nice as well.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
SarahSY_Lin, Director of Rooms at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2016

Dear Vivek S of Sydney,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your wonderful comments warm our heart and give us great motivation in providing you the best service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Sarah Lin
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Very clean hotel with friendly/helpful staff. Clean room with comfortable bed. Never had to ask for the all important washcloth. Rooms only weakness was the A/C-not as cool as I like and fan speed even on hi was very weak. Large breakfast selection so even a finicky eater should be able to find something. Executive lounge in evening was nice too.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo

Dear Snat2 of Oregon, Illinois,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast. Your wonderful comments warm our heart and give us great motivation in providing you the best service.
Everything we do is aimed at delivering a quality experience to our guests. My sincere apology regarding the AC issue, please rest assures the point you've raised will be shared with concern department head to ensure further improvement and rectification.
Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to have opportunity to better your experience when your travel brings you back to Beijing.
Best regards,