“Best way to see Beijing”

Side-car Motorcycles Trips - Beijing Sideways
Ranked #68 of 426 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beijing Sideways provides you with a sideways look of China, Beijing and its surrounding.Aboard our vintage sidecar motorbike, we show the Beijing we love, without the crowds.This form of transportation allows us to be very flexible with our exploration, stopping easily whenever necessary, a very close proximity with the city and countryside where you can «almost touch» anything you see, but above all it’s a sightseeing wonder! Did we mention it’s extremely fun?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Yves, started the day with a great smile and a warm velcome. This was the best experience of the hole stay in Beijing. If you just gonna do one thing in Beijing. This is the thing to do. Sooo pleased. Thanks guys. Would love to do it again. Lasse with family

1  Thank Laskro
"day trip"
in 31 reviews
"an adventure"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"forbidden city"
in 34 reviews
"visiting beijing"

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We did the 2 hr city tour. Fantastic. Got loads of the sights seen and the vehicules are great fun. After spending four days in Beijing, we realised just how long it could take to get anywhere, by taxi, metro or on foot - so this really ticked all the boxes. Felt safe too. At the end of the tour Gael took us to a local restaurant that we would never have found by ourselves and we enjoyed a banquet. There was no menu so you just had to eat what they brought you. Check out my video....

2  Thank Adam F
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Am traveling the workd alone and I arrived in Beijing where a friend told me about Beijing sideways, motorbike with sidecars . They can take you around town and outside as well.
My experience was truly AMAZING , FANTASTIC ! The driver, Riccardo, knows the city inside out, is very friendly, highly professional . I did the tour on a Sunday booking last minute on the saturday, the team replied very quickly , sending me options and prices with their website.
I strongly recommend them.
So far it is the highlight of my experience in China !!!! They are great !
Try and Enjoy !

2  Thank Henya M
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband and I decided very spontaneously to do this tour (Great Wall) after a woman returned to our hotel just raving about it, and we are SO glad we did! What an amazing and memorable day. Riding in the sidecars was incredibly fun, and such a great vantage point to take in the scenery of the Chinese countryside. Our tour guide Riccardo was fantastic -- relaxed, friendly, and knowledgeable, and we felt like he was giving us the inside scoop on everything. He took us to the Silver Mountain and Pagoda Forest, a beautiful and historic place. Then on to the wall -- a very secluded and scenic portion. Just unbelievable. The lunch he cooked us was AMAZING -- pasta bolognese and pork with wine sauce, with wine to drink, and limoncello and cake. On the way back we stopped at the Olympic Village, which was very cool. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone going to Beijing. It's not cheap, but for the whole magical day with the huge lunch included, I think it's very fairly priced.

2  Thank Abigail79
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We went on the sidecar trip to the Great Wall, led by Riccardo. It was the best day of our entire trip to China. He made us feel safe out on the highway, he was a fun, knowledgeable guide and he took us to some awesome sites off the beaten path on the way there and back. The lunch he cooked for us up on the wall was absolutely delicious. It's not as cheap as taking a bus up to a crowded section of the wall, but if you are like us, and only want to make one splurge during your trip, this is well worth it. The experience of a lifetime!

3  Thank j90068