Located in Nyali, the posh part of Mombasa, but certainly not a poshy poshy hotel. It appears that this hotel caters mostly to conferences hosted by Kenyan government and tight budget NGOs. The room was on par with a $15/night inn, but at a $80/night price.
- Room A/C was good
- on the beach
- didn't hear the Jambo Bwana song or hakuna matata once!
- the staff took good care of me (even got me a free ride to town)
- not far from the Nyali Mall, Bob's and other places to eat and drink. Just a few miles from Mombasa town.
- there wasn't the constant hustle as soon as you stepped on the beach. Probably because the hotel caters to nationals/budget
- big pool though it was a little cloudy
- beds and linens were a bit worn down, but no worse than at some high price places in the country
- no hot water and low water pressure
- food was standard Kenyan fare - ugali, rice, beef stew, choma, beens, githeri, plus some overcooked fish. This is fine and I eat it all the time but everything was oversteamed and under spiced. After three days I had to go to town to get something with some flavor.
Neither here or there
- internet in the lobby only
- TV (didn't watch it, but the porter demonstrated that it worked)
If you just need the basic necessities or a place to sleep between excursions, laying by the pool/beach then Mombasa Beach Hotel is fine. If you want a posh place go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mombasa Beach Hotel is under the flagship of Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels is located in the Kenya’s North Coast. It is only 10 km from Mombasa Town and 18 km from the Moi international Airport Mombasa.. It is a prime destination for conferencing and leisure in its many conference outlets. Various kinds of water-sports are available, in addition to excursions to Marine Park, nature trails, Old Mombasa Town and cultural villages.Despite the Hotel’s proximity to Mombasa itself, it exudes an air of tranquility with huge and well maintained tropical gardens that provide welcome shade in the heat of the day. Overlooking the Indian Ocean are its white sand beach suitable for sand bathing, wedding and public functions at the Cavern Beach Bistro. All the 152 rooms have SPACIOUS SEA FACING BALCONIES. The hotel has 145 Standard rooms and 6 Executive Suites. All the rooms are equipped with guest amenities with a recent addition of satellite TV/DSTV, wireless internet connections and split unit air conditioning systems.The hotel has four bars namely:-Kaskazi Bar, Deck Bar, Pool bar, Sports Centre Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Jovago.com so you can book your Mombasa Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.