Just arrived back from Holiday at Voyager and felt had to make some comments.
Flew with Monarch, yes the seats were a little cramped, but apart from that, service was good, food acceptable and entertainment kept me amused. Waht all the "moaners" seem to forget is that this is a budget airline, so you have to make allowances!!
I went with Cosmos, never again, apart from arrival at Mombasa I didn't see him again all holiday, despite being at reception every time he was supposed to appear. He didn't even turn up for the welcome meeting!
However, back to the Voyager, I found it superb, staff brilliant, I was on my own and they all were happy to spend time chatting to me at any time. The food was very good, always something for everyone. Entertainment was OK, just wish thay didn't mime to all the songs.
I went Scuba diving with Buccaneer, which is situtated in the hotel grounds. Not as slick or professional as my previous experience in Egypt, no check dive, my depth guage faulty on 2 dives and equipment all a bit old and worn. Having said that I saw more here than in Egypt, Sharks, turtles, rays, eels, and every kind of fish you can imagine. Prob better if you are more experienced diver, but I found it a little nerve racking.
Took 2 day safari, booked direct in Mombasa with local company, cost $275 each. Saw 2 of big 5, Buffalo and Elephant, but as was raing most of time lucky to see those. We did wee lots of others though, Zebra, Giraffe, Baboons, Impala, Hippos, Ostrich, Pelican etc...
Overall excellent holiday, recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moored seven kilometres north of Mombasa city centre, Voyager Beach Resort's convenient 'berth' gives guests easy access to a huge variety of historical, sporting and cultural attractions. The vibrant themed resort is famous for hosting some of Africa's finest family entertainments and animation programs, including unique themed journeys across the seven seas, culinary extravaganzas, with very supervised kids' activities and days out with Africa's best-known and most experienced childrens' safari club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Voyager Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voyager Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Kenya
- Voyager Beach Resort Mombasa
- Voyager Beach Resort Kenya
- Voyager Beach Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Mombasa