We visitied this hotel on 11 July for 2 weeks. We arrived on a Saturday night and couldn't belive how near our room was to the disco! We did ask to be moved which the staff did in the morning. You can hear the music until 11 in a large part of the hotel, however the animation team do put a lot of effort into the entertainment and there is something different every night. The staff are always friendly and helpful and we were spoilt for choice with food, the desserts are amazing! We have not done an all inclusive holiday before and we did start to feel a bit restricted having to stay at the hotel. We did however head into Mombasa to visit Fort Jesus, the market and the old town. There are also other places to visit, Haller Park (we walked from the hotel) and Akamba (where they make all the wood carvings) were v.special.
Personally I think is better for families or groups and if you are a bit more adventurous it is a bit restrictive.
We did a 3 day/2 night safari to the Masai Mara and this was the highlight of our trip. I contacted Julius from JT safaris before we went away and he organised the most amazing trip. We stayed at the Fig Tree camp and in tents with furniture, colonial style. Some of the vehicles were mini buses, however we were in a 4x4 jeep that had lots of space and very comfy seats, we were very lucky. It rained very heavily on one drive but we all had so much fun sliding aroung in the jeep in the mud! When we got back to Mombasa we were taken to Julius office and he kindly gave me some wooden carvings for my family.
The Voyager is a very well run hotel and the staff work extremely hard to please. You do need to get up early though to get a pool bed, I've never seen so many pool beds taken so early!! The windsurfing, sailing and kayaking is all good fun.
It rained a lot on our hol, however we still had a great time at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moored seven kilometres north of Mombasa city centre, Voyager Beach Resort's convenient 'berth' gives guests easy access to a huge variety of historical, sporting and cultural attractions. The vibrant themed resort is famous for hosting some of Africa's finest family entertainments and animation programs, including unique themed journeys across the seven seas, culinary extravaganzas, with very supervised kids' activities and days out with Africa's best-known and most experienced childrens' safari club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Voyager Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voyager Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Kenya
- Voyager Beach Resort Mombasa
- Voyager Beach Resort Kenya
- Voyager Beach Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Mombasa