“Tasty Food”
Review of The Coffee Hut - CLOSED

The Coffee Hut
Description: Across from the Holy Ghost Cathedral, one block south of Moi Ave.
Description: Across from the Holy Ghost Cathedral, one block south of Moi Ave.
Reviewed 22 May 2015

In late April, a close friend and I decided to stop here for lunch and I must admit that it did not disappoint. Since the location was close to his workplace, it was walking distance and before too long we walked to the basement where there was more space to sit. Within minutes of sitting down, a waitress came over with the menu and we ordered food and each a glass of fresh passion fruit juice. My buddy and I had chicken curry which was tasty and made so well. We didn't stay for more than an hour but I totally enjoyed the food. The only draw back was that the basement is a little warm but the food and drinks were great. I would recommend this establishment and will be back again when I next visit Mombasa. I heard they have very good coffee, too, but I didn't have time to sample it.

Reviewed 7 May 2015

Its this quiet coffeehouse / hut that serves dinner at an underground restaurant that is simply amazing!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I really loved the hospitality. The coffee is the best dat i have tasted after touring 14 countries. Would recomend any1 there. And btw the also have Wi-Fi

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The Coffee Hut claims to offer free WiFi as per the sign on their window but it's actually working only 50% of the times I go. If you go for the WiFi service then I'd call first to see if it's working. The food is ok. Sometimes the pastries inside the case are dried out so not very appetizing. The wicker furniture is difficult to keep clean so drippings and crumbs are sure to greet you on the chairs and under the glass tabletops. The location in downtown Mombasa is superb and convenient for those who want to escape from the hustle and bustle of the street and watch the traffic speed by from the comfort of an air-conditioned cafe (when the air conditioning is turned on anyway...)

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Came a cup of coffee, Kenyan coffee at a cool looking place in town.