All reviews swimming pool superior room awesome stay team building palm trees great holiday all inclusive package indian ocean evening entertainment animation team jamila monkeys pearl amani waiters charles pavilion
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Room
This hotel is quite old and the room felt very damp. Its in serious need of refurbishment and given that we heard construction noise every morning, I guess this is already being handled. A lot of my colleagues complained about A/Cs being broken, broken water pipes and smells coming from the toilet.
The food was boring, it was the same meal for lunch and dinner and no excitement or change. For vegetarians -- you would rather eat out. Typical coastal food was not present and I could have been having this food at a conference hotel in Nairobi, nothing special. No coconut fish curries, calamari etc, salad was just grated carrot, tomato cucumber and lettuce. Some meals there was some beetroot. Dressings were just two types. no balsamic vinegars or olive oils to make your own mix. The only redeeming thing was the Swahili breakfast served on Friday morning. I could barely find any honey for my pancakes. The restaurant was also kind of dirty on occasion (food on the floor just swept to the sides of the wall).
Staff
Staff were generally quite friendly (if sometimes even overly friendly with females!), but have no idea how to handle the 'all inclusive' which only ran from 11am - 11pm. But even during those hours, you had to sign for every receipt which slowed down the process. It took more than 10/15 mins to get the server's attention and this process needs to be streamlined better. I can also understand limiting alcohol but to not be able to get a juice/water at 10:30 on the 'all inclusive' package and be told I have to pay for it was very strange. Better it should be called Full Board then.

Would highly reccomend there is some staff training done, perhaps also look at how other hotels handle 'all inclusive' and would suggest opening the water slides and ensuring the waterfall runs everyday and lengthening the 'pool' opening times. The sister hotel 'Paradise' down the road has gotten it very right, perhaps there should be some staff exchanges!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Victor_M_Shitakha, General Manager at PrideInn Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Clara

Feel the PrideInn Touch!

Thank you most kindly for your recent stay with us at PrideInn Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa, it was indeed a pleasure hosting you. Thank you also for the very valuable feedback given as it is only in this way that we can improve our services to you, our very valued guests.

It is true that we have started on part renovations in the hotel but we try to ensure that even as we do this, every equipment is functional and that we do not inconvenience our guests in any way.

I have taken note on your comments on our food and assure you that we have taken your comments seriously. Already the chef is working on new exciting offers to curb the perception of repetitive menu. Although we do not recycle food we must ensure that all the different cooking methods are on offer so that we do not look to be serving the same meals. On the different dressings, we have introduced balsamic vinegar and have set up an area for one to make their own salad mixes.

To improve on the speed of our beverage services, we have embarked on a training program and I would want you to invite you to see the difference on your next visit.

Once again I want to thank you for the candid feedback given and whilst I wish you my very best regards, I want to invite you back to see the changes carried out.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

I personally extend my gratitude to the entire Flamingo staff to have attained the high standards of handling clients at the coast. we enjoyed the meals and games as well as the security during our stay there.

Room tip: excellent.
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Feel the PrideInn Touch

Thank you most kindly for choosing to stay with us at PrideInn Flamingo, it was indeed both a pleasure and honour serving you.

Thank you also for the excellent feedback given on your stay; it is such comments that give us the drive to work even harder to ensure that you, our valued guests, are well taken care of. Your comments on all our services have been passed on to the whole team and we are all delighted to have been of service to you.

Whilst I take this opportunity to personally thank you for your support and welcome you back to PrideInn Flamingo, I also wish you my very warm regards.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed the stay, the services was on point and the workers were very Friendly esp Juliana... Food was delicious, the view was amazing can't get enough of it... We will definitely come back to visit, kudos to Barbra for the warm welcoming and always checking on us....

Trip type: Travelled with family
Victor_M_Shitakha, General Manager at PrideInn Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Camper

Feel the PrideInn Touch

Thank you also for the excellent feedback given on your stay; it is such comments that give us the drive to work even harder to ensure that you, our valued guests, are well taken care of. Your comments on all our services have been passed on to the whole team and we are all delighted to have been of service to you, I have also spoken to Barbara and on her behalf, say asante sana.

Whilst I take this opportunity to personally thank you for your support and welcome you back to PrideInn Flamingo, I also wish you all the very best in your new family structure and look forward to hosting you again during your anniversary.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

I will definitely visit again. I loved the service and courtesy of your staff, food was on point and well presented the friendly staff were exceptional right from the gate to the reception to the house keeping team

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Quest

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Reception was wonderful, the food is very delicious and the swimming pool was great.My family really enjoyed and we will come back again.Pearl the entertainment team were fabulous. Big up guys.our stay was worth it!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ephantus

Feel the PrideInn Touch

Thank you most kindly for choosing to stay with us at PrideInn Flamingo, it was indeed both a pleasure and honour serving you and your family.

Thank you also for the excellent feedback given on your stay; it is such comments that give us the drive to work even harder to ensure that you, our valued guests, are well taken care of. Your comments on all our services have been passed on to the whole team and we are all delighted to have been of service to you, I have also spoken to Pearl and on her behalf, say asante sana.