“great trip worth every penny and more”
Review of Freddy Safaris - Day Tours - CLOSED

Freddy Safaris - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Freddy Safaris is a tour operator company who's commitment is to offer tour operator services in the whole of East Africa by taking people with a passion for wildlife, cultural heritage, adventure and exploration to the region's prolific wildlife, and involve you in holiday safaris, honeymoon or romantic safaris, historical safaris, photographic specialized safaris, climbing Africa's highest mountains, self drive safaris, bird watching safaris, camping safaris, walking safaris, biking safaris and horse riding safaris.
northampton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great trip worth every penny and more”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

was looked after by freddie ,great price and was everthing i was hoping for and much much more .would reccommend this man to anyone looking for a great one in a life time experience

Visited March 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Freddy safaris ... I was a bit dubious sending my money to freddy before our travel date. But everything went to plan and freddy came to meet us at the hotlel and we completed all the paperwork etc I can honestly say freddy and his staff were the best nothing was too much trouble. One of the best holidays I and my family ever had. I would highly recommend freddy.

Visited October 2011
lancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Tsavo 2 day safari.”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Had a wonderful holiday in Kenya. Booked a brilliant trip with Freddy which exceeded our expectations. We had 2 wonderful days and nights in Tsavo. The Lodges were brilliant, saw the fabulous wildlife, it was an unforgettable experience. Booked our safari with Freddy via the internet, everything was well organised all very professional. would recommend Freddy if your thinking of a safari. Would definately use his services again when we return.

Visited March 2011
umeå
“Three day safari, Tsavo.”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We, a family of five, went along with a guide, Daniel, for a three day safari hosted by Freddy. The experience was exactly what we wanted, and more. No stress, good food and abowe all a great chance to see exotic animals. I would recommend for future speculants that one should take the Landcruiser, JEEP when you go for the safari trip. The JEEP provided us a easy and comfortable way through the landscape and it seemed much more appropriate for that particular safari alternative. Daniel withe family. Sweden.

Visited December 2011
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Did not meet expectations”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

After doing a lot of searching and enquiring with various Safari Operators, we chose Freddy Safaris. The decision was in part based on the excellent reviews on tripadvisor as well as the detailed itinerary that Freddy had sent us. He was prompt and answered all our questions.

We were really excited about the safari and our encounter with the wild animals. The safari was generally good and we saw a lot of animals. It seemed initially that our driver Ken was interested in our passion for photography and did take efforts to help us get closer and get better shots of the animals So, we felt that it was a very good idea to have taken a private safari. However, as the trip progressed, we soon felt otherwise.

We were always curious to find out more about the place, the animals we encountered and the local people and Ken would sometimes completely ignore our
questions or give abrupt responses. He wouldn't volunteer any information either
about the place or the animals. We just got a feel, that he didn't really like to interact much with us.

Our last day of safari seemed like a total waste of our time. We saw a group of elephants within a distance and we wanted Ken to go towards it. He refused saying that he had to cross a bridge and we soon realised that a lot of vans went that way and there was no bridge to be crossed.

He never enquired with us, all through out the trip, how the safari was, or how the accommodation or food (he knew we were vegetarians) was for us.

Honestly, it seemed like he was the only person during our 2 week trip in Kenya
who was impolite, aggressive with animals and indifferent to us.

We had heard from quite a few tour operators,but we chose to go with Freddy
safari since his arrangement seemed to be more personalised,
flexible and very straight-forward. Freddy's final itinerary had us going to Masai Mara first and then to Lake Nakuru. However, when we met Freddy at Nairobi, we were a bit surprised with his last minute change in plans about going first to Lake Nakuru and then to Masai Mara. It really didn't matter much, but just felt it would have been a bit more professional if he had let us known earlier..either by mail or the previous
day when my husband called him up.

To sum it up, we did like the arrangements made for our safari and
had some very memorable experiences. However, it would've
been a more positive experience if we had a better driver for the trip.

Word of advise to all fellow travellers: A lot depends on the driver/guide since he is the one who spends the most time with you and can make or break your experience.
So, my suggestion if you are going with Freddy is to ask not to be assigned to Ken. We started our trip from Nairobi. So, for those of you who start from Mombasa, this may not apply.

To sum it up, we did like the arrangements made for our safari and
had some very memorable experiences too. However, it would've
been a more positive experience if we had a better driver for the trip.

Visited September 2011
FREDDYSAFARIS, Owner at Freddy Safaris - Day Tours, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Many thanks your honest feedback about your safari.

I am glad that the overall rating about your safari was very good despite one or two issues that you have pointed out.

I appreciate that it is very good of you that you have followed the wonderful principal, "if I wrong you tell me, if I do you good tell others!" This is the best way for me to make better services to others and also to you in future.

Please kindly note that the interchange on the itinerary came as my quest to try to give you the best, I apologise if you didnt like the suprise, I appreciate that I should have let you know earlier.

Now the driver! I like to qoute you, "Our driver Ken seemed interested
in our passion for photography and did take efforts to help us get
closer and get better shots of the animals (during the initial days).
So, we did feel that it was a very good idea to have taken a private
safari. But, we soon felt otherwise."

It is nice that at first things were very good on the first days, but am displeased with the rest. Kindly accept my apologies noting that it is a pity that one of my driver underscored your expectations. We have since terminated his services and proceeded to re vet all our drivers to comply with our customer's expectations and satisfaction code.

Thanks once more for your time to write and also for giving a chance to serve you and we hope that you will use our services in future.