Olarro(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$ 1,370
Neptune Mara Rianta Luxury Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$ 1,378
US$ 1,178
  • Breakfast included
Governor's Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$ 1,090
US$ 950
  • Restaurant
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 328
US$ 320
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Mara River Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 553
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$ 792
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Enchoro Wildlife Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$ 95
US$ 85
  • Bar/Lounge
Ngerende Island Lodge(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$ 616
Agoda.com
US$ 2,458
Great Plains Conservation Mara Plains Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
Travelocity
1,183 results
All reviewsclub tentstandard tentsorganic gardendik dikindian foodhardwood floorselectric fencemosquito netmain gategift shopbuffet stylesekenani gateturn down servicea hot water bottlelunch and dinnerthe reservemasai dance
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My family and I are Americans who have been living and working in Kenya for 4 years; we've been to a few game parks and lodges. Sarova is a great idea. It's in a nice location, has pretty good (though not spectacular) food, good and friendly service and an absolutely beautiful swimming pool! We stayed in family tents, so I can't speak for the other tents (the standard tent and the camp tent), I can only tell my experience of the family tents. They are a great concept. 2 separate tents - one with a queen size or bigger bed, and the other with 2 twin or double beds - connected with a beautiful closed in wide veranda complete with table and chairs, couches and a beautiful view of the "jungle" behind the tents. The only problem was that the weren't really closed in. One was more than the other, but it was so open, my children could get into the living area without going through the door. We were invaded with mosquitoes - not a great idea in East Africa - even inside the tents themselves and we spent 30 minutes every night before going to sleep killing mosquitoes inside our mosquito netting! The lodge provided DOOM, but it wasn't enough to keep the mosquitoes at bay. My bed was so hard it was seriously like sleeping on plywood. The game drives were great, but we were in the Mara, so of course they were great. It wouldn't be that difficult to close the family tents in properly, and why Sarova hasn't done so is beyond me. I doubt I will return or recommend them to others.

Room Tip: If you really want to stay at Sarova, don't use the family tents. We not only had mosquitoes, but bats as well. Try the camp tents.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie T
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed 2 nights & 3 days in Sarova Mara. Upon our arrival at lodge, we were greeted with nice herbal cold wet towel to wipe off the dust from the safari drive, that was really needed. The check in was smooth & fast. The tent, the flavorful gourmet food, the professional staff & the lodge setting were superb. We loved every minute of our stay...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Had a fly in safari at Sarova Mara Camp for 2 nights March 24-25, 2012 and had one of the best safari experiences in Kenya (out of 6). Was upgraded to a club tent - wonderful luxury tent with every need provided - hair dryer, slippers, house coat, shaving & toothbrush package, etc. Had a great view of the savannah with african buffalo right oustside (with an electric fence between me and them). My only tent criticism is that the bed mattress was very hard (woke with a sore back). The game drive in a refitted landcruiser was great. Driver/guide Edward was superb. We found the big five including 2 leopards feasting on their kill and 11 lions gorging on a kill of four buffalo, plus the rhino (after a long search). The food was excellent. Fresh vegetable and fruit salads made to order, creative and tasty desserts, meat grill right in front of you, pasta and egg station, Indian dishes, seafood (not just talipia!), fresh breads and more. I'll come back just for the food! Lots of activities to choose from although the culture shows are touristy (as I've stayed in genuine Masai communities).

Room Tip: ask for a room with a savannah view of wildlife
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank HarkyS
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This was the final destination for our week and what I thought would be the grand finale was just kind of a ho hum finish. Don't get me wrong, the park is beautiful (although I think it is better suited for trips during the migration - we had very long drives with minimal close animal sightings). Nakuru, Amboseli, Tsavo each had greater animal sightings without the endless driving on pretty bad roads. I also think staying in a club tent would be a game changer as well (we stayed in the regular tent) but saw the nicer tents on a walk around the property.

I am 6'2" and couldn't stand up in our tent (which wasn't my experience in a similar tent at Tsavo). One nice touch that the other places didn't have was a candle in the room. It makes for a nice setting at night (better than a torch/flashlight). The food was good and had variety (similar in quality to all the places we visited for the week)...the food service was inconsistent where the first night it was kind of bad, but the second day was better.

As others mention, the location of the hotel is good.

So, I'd advise you splurge on the club tent...and manage expectations on quantity/quality of animal sightings in March.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gottdownunder
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We spent three days and two nights at the Sarova Mara and enjoyed every bit of it. Firstly, they upgraded us to a club tent (#62) which was amongst the farthest tents and afforded us the privacy that we wanted. The so called tent was simply out of this world. If this is what constitutes a "Camp", then sign me up for camping any day. With wooden floors, luxurious beds, a swanky washroom/sink area and an awesome patio, there was nothing that could be counted as anything less than immaculate. The entire tent was tastefully decorated and had utilities such as a safe locker, adapters and candles. Just when you thought you are staying in a five star resort in the middle of the savannahs, the staff makes it even better. Even by Asian standards, where the service industry is notches above what is seen in the West, the staff at this resort is the best I have ever seen. All of the staff was top notch and it was a surreal experience to see everyone wanting to go beyond the call of the duty to ensure your safety, comfort and happiness - no exceptions here. The food in the restaurant was excellent and again, like the rest of the hotel, had the best and most pleasing staff. Every night coming back to the "tent" to find hot bottles on the mattress to keep our bed warm was a nice touch. Every evening, there would be music and masai dance in the bar area. One thing that I did not like was the surface used on the periphery of the swimming pool, which although aesthetically pleasing, was pretty rough and scratched me several times. Rest of the resort was an A+ in every way.

Room Tip: If you want privacy, #62 would fit the bill perfectly. It is far from the restaurant area though.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple