A series of "wows". Wow, the tents were our favorite accommodation on our week long trip, both for the kids (age 11 and 13 year old American girls) and the tired parents. Great beds, new mosquito nets, immaculately clean, hot shower, plush towels. Wow, the front desk staff was friendly ( All Kenyans seem to be...) and very helpful. Caroline and Koi made our stay personal and even more inviting, teaching the kids Masai games and card tricks, too. Wow, the pool was gorgeous, a real oasis, and relaxing. Wow, the internet connection was fast and reliable, and when I had trouble signing on in the beginning, Caroline worked it out. Wow, food was abundant and tasty, plenty of options for picky eaters, too. Wow, NO baboons to fret over! But plenty of other animals to charm the kids on the property.
We travel often, but I rarely leave trip advisor feedback. I couldn't not review the Savora Mara Game Camp, a real gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Jovago.com so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve