We stayed here in April 2011 as part of our Kenya safari.
This was the last hotel we stayed and so we had a fair idea of what to expect and the whole facility did exceed our expectation. Located about 5 kms inside from the main gate of the Masai Mara, this nice property is quite big and spacious. They have a very nice bar with cable TV, huge restaurant and a very nice swimming pool. They also have a small putting area for golfers.
Majority of their staff were very efficient and courteous. Some of them remember your name even if you are staying only for a short while and come across always as pleasing personalities.
we stayed in one of their standard tents and that by itself was much better than some other camps. The furnishing was tastefully and colorfully done with enough space for everything and the bathroom was very clean and bright.
The food was fabulous and was one of the best food we had in our entire trip. The buffet was huge and it had a lot of things for a person from any background.
The property was huge and we saw few mouse deers roaming around freely inside the compound.
The security was tight with someone around every group of tents without really affecting privacy.
Overall a very good choice while in Masai Mara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Jovago.com and Booking.com so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve