All reviews the river hot water great comfort definitely stay here again power sockets unforgettable days hippos and crocodiles very pleasant stay two nights luxury tents fantastic experience excellent hospitality wake up call bush lunch game drives small pool resident hippo
Reviewed 8 September 2016

A fun experience – hearing hippos wandering around at night! Very friendly staff and a great location for exploring the Masai Mara. Lovely en suite tented accommodation – solar lights, but no power sockets or wi fi in the tents – they have a charging area in the dining area. You won’t be allowed to wander about by yourself after dark (they’ll come and collect you), but take a head torch as it’s very dark on the paths (and also in the shower area). Our first evening meal was bush dining, which was really lovely.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2016

From the moment we arrived, Cyrus and his staff made us feel at home. While not five-star luxury, the tent was clean and comfortable, the showers were hot and the service was outstanding. Kudos to the kitchen staff for being able to prepare such hearty and delicious meals being so far from civilization. The camp’s location is just steps from the Mara River and each tent has a porch for watching the ever-present hippos and the wildlife beyond. While in camp we saw elephants, giraffes, zebra, wildebeest and crocodiles. Do be aware that the camp has limited electrical power and wifi - this just makes it easier to get away from it all. Our thanks to the staff for making our visit to the Mara so memorable and fun!

Room Tip: For the best sleep, request tent 9 or 10. They are closest to the Mara River rapids and the sound of rushing water is very soothing.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2016

I just came back from spending 2 nights at mara eden safari camp and I am pleased to say that it was most enjoyable. Now if you want luxury this is not particularly the right place although the beds are very comfortable and the piping hot showers are brilliant, you are in the bush which means there is animals around you like; snakes, buffalo, zebra, a lot of hippos, crocodiles and maybe even a leopard which has been sighted here at the camp across the mara river.
Now outside my tent was a beautiful view of the mara river 5 meters from my tent zip. From my tent I could see and hear the very loud hippos and view the non moving crocodiles. At night you can hear the hippos which really got quite annoying but like i said its not luxury.
The one great thing about this camp is that it is a wonderful experience to see what it is like to live in the bush of the mara. Another great part is Cyrus the main man. When we arrived he went out of his way to take car of us amending the menu if need be and giving us the best tent for the view.
The food. Well on the first day I have to say the food was up to standard it was very nice and then the next day it was awful to say the least but like I said its not for luxury and by the way don't have the pizza.
TIP: Wake up at 5am and head out at 5:45 at this time you will be at an advantage and at the best point to see a leopard and for the lions and everything else after 3pm is the best time.
TIP: Bring warm clothes it feels like its -1 in the morning and night but at noon its boiling hot.
So on the whole i did thoroughly enjoy my stay at Mara Eden safari camp and I loved the experience as it was something new. The mara river being right next to you is just unbileveable. Many thanks to Cyrus and the team on the great service and to my driver Ben who was an expert in finding the animals and a very warm hearted man.

Room Tip: tent 10 has the best veiw
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Rohan B
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The camp in right inside the park. No fences. Rooms are in the tents but very spacious and all the facilities that one needs are in there. The power used is solar but available throughout the day. The staff was great. Lovely service!! Food made on order but made really great. The scenary around the place was heartwarming! If lucky could see many animals around. Like we saw group of elephants drinking water from the river and then crossing! It was amazing. The place us 24 hrs secured.
Keep up the great job Cyrus!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2016

It was such an amazing experience staying in Mara Eden while on safari with my clients. Cyrus and his team were fantastic, and they made the experience even more memorable. From Cyrus meeting us and guiding us to the camp, the location on the banks of the great Mara river, tasty food, peace, quiet and the feeling of being out in the wild that the camp offers, Mara Eden does have it all when it comes to an unforgetable safari experience. The location is perfect for game viewing as we managed to see 4 of the big 4 (rhino not seen), cheetah with two cubs (Malaika as she is known) and many more other birds and wildlife. Hippos are right next door and they serenade you to sleep in the night and so are the big nile crocs who sun themselves on the banks during the day.

We loved it, our clients loved it! Thank you Cyrus and your fabulous team, Costo Tours & Adventure Activities will definitely be back for more of the Mara Eden experience.

Room Tip: My group and I stayed in rooms 1,2 and 3 and they were great. We could see hippos and crocs while sitting outside the tents.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business