“8 Day Kenya & Tanzania”

East Africa Adventure Tours and Safaris - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for an affordable but quality and safe SAFARI, but you do not want to do all the arranging on your own? Calm down and relax, let our friendly staff do your itinerary to your custom needs. Let our well experienced tour guides and professional safari car drivers take you on an unforgettable experience for a true taste of wilderness. We cater from backpacking to a high end luxury Safari experience. Day trips in Nairobi or Mombasa with the best staff and well seasoned tour guides in Kenya's Urban Communities. We will make sure you get an unforgettable experience in East Africa. The team at East Africa Adventure Tours and Safaris, a taste of wilderness.
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Outstanding custom tour company. Everything on our 8 day tour of Kenya & Tanzania was terrific. Remarkable parks with game galore. Excellent driver/guides and fine accommodations.

fredkenya, Owner at East Africa Adventure Tours and Safaris - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello,

Thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy you enjoyed your safari with us.

Regards
Fred

All reviews
"lake nakuru"
in 40 reviews
"maasai mara"
in 20 reviews
"flamingo hill tented camp"
in 5 reviews
"ol pejeta conservancy"
"ngorongoro sopa lodge"
"follow up"

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We really enjoy the full 7 days pack, national parks, all local visits and lounges (with exception of Rhino). Strongly recommend this experience. Staff is very supportive and helpful to tailor this tour to your needs.

Dear Isabel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The team here at East Africa Adventure Tours and Safaris is thrilled to hear such good feedback, we are glad to have hosted you, asante sana!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We just arrived back to the U.S. from what was the trip of a lifetime! I found East Africa Adventure Tours because of the rave reviews through TripAdvisor, and out of the 3 safari companies I emailed, East Africa Adventure (Fred) responded to me right away (the other companies took their time, like 2-3 days). I have been to Kenya before, but never went on safari, and it was my husband's first time to Kenya so I knew I wanted this to be a remarkable experience.

Fred was GREAT at promptly answering all my questions and being super patient with me about the wire transfer. You do have to pay a 50% deposit through a bank/wire transfer, which felt a little weird, but after checking the TripAdvisor reviews I saw this was a part of the process. I believe you can also pay via Credit Card with a 4% extra fee (?)

We spent a few days in Nairobi on our own before beginning our tour on Monday morning. Kizito was our driver, and arrived promptly at 7am to pick us up, as promised. We brought the other 50% of our payment in USD (exact change), and gave it to the representative that came in the vehicle with Kizito on Monday morning. I was happy that we didn't have to make an additional trip to the East Africa Adventure office to pay the rest of our safari. There was a small mix-up about breakfast on Monday morning, our itinerary said we would have breakfast, but neither Kizito nor Emmanual (the rep) knew this was the case. They did take care of us by stopping at a gas station and letting us pick up some snacks (and they paid for them).

Our accommodations were AMAZING, and WAY more than I was expecting. In Amboseli we stayed at Ol Tukai lodge, in Nakuru we stayed at the Flamingo Hill tented camp, and in Maasai Mara we stayed at Azure Mara Haven. All the meals were DELICIOUS and there was honestly way more food than either my husband or I could eat. Kizito was GREAT about telling us what times to be ready, and what to expect in terms of drive time. We were admittedly running late most mornings getting ready (and eating the HUGE breakfasts!) and Kizito was really patient and understanding.

Kizito is SUPER knowledgeable about animals and their behavior - he got us so close to the animals while also keeping a safe enough distance and observing their behavior to make sure we were never TOO close for comfort. We saw rhinos, elephants, cheetahs, lions, hippos, giraffes, topi, gazelle, cape buffalo, etc. Kizito even spotted a leopard for us!! I just can't say enough great things about Kizito, he was an amazing driver and we are so grateful for his knowledge and skills.

This safari was the trip of a lifetime, and both my husband and I had a WONDERFUL time. We HIGHLY recommend booking with East Africa Adventure Tours!!!

2  Thank NatalieD8313
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We spent nearly two weeks in Kenya and Tanzania (including Zanzibar) and it was absolutely wonderful. Our driver in Kenya was Kizito who was an amazing driver, person, and now friend. He's kind, patient, funny, and had a ton of knowledge about all the animals. We were able to spot the big five in Kenya (mostly in Maasai Mara), and cannot recommend him enough to be your driver. Our trip was at the end of February which was lower season, but were still able to spot a lot of animals.

In Tanzania, Saba was our driver and he too was a pleasure to spend our time with. He took great pictures and went out of his way to make us feel comfortable. He's got great taste in music and we had a lot of fun with him in the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, and Arusha.

The only issue I experienced on this entire trip was on our last day in Nairobi. Both my friend and I flew back to Nairobi from Zanzibar, but she left immediately after to connect to her international flight back to the states. I, on the other hand was going to spend a few hours resting at Eka hotel before heading to the airport again early in the morning for my flight. My airport transfer when I arrived in Nairobi was no where to be found. I went through every single person who had a sign held up and there was nobody who matched my driver. Because I didn't have phone service, a man outside lent me his phone to call Fred. Fred said that my driver was in the parking lot and to just wait for him by a nearby ATM. 10 mins passed, 15 mins passed, 20 mins passed, and nobody showed up. The same man called Fred again and he kept saying the guy was in the parking lot and would show up shortly. The man who lent me his phone told me that somebody must be lying to me because it should only take my driver 5 minutes to walk from the parking lot to come get me. As you can imagine, I was a solo female standing outside by myself and all these drivers were starting to harass me to take a ride with them, it started to make me feel panicked. Still 30 min, 35 min, nobody showed up. Called Fred again who passed me the driver's number, and I called the driver who said he was walking from the parking lot. At 40 mins, this driver came without a sign (I had to stay on the phone with him to find him) and he finally picked me up. He told me he lost his parking ticket which was why he was late, and we walked together to the parking lot (which took less than 5 mins to get to). To add to an already upsetting situation, when I arrived at Eka hotel there wasn't a reservation under my name. This led to nearly an hour of getting this sorted out by the driver and Fred.

Fred & I had a discussion after this event as you can imagine this was not a pleasant way to end such a wonderful trip. We all know that situations can sometimes happen when you're on vacation, and all is forgiven on my part. I trust that Fred will take matters into his hands and make sure that this will not happen to any of his future customers.

Overall I have to say that the trip was really wonderful, and it pains me to have to write about my experience on the last day, but I have to be honest in my review. Five stars for Kizito and Saba for making our safari absolutely perfect. Minus one star for the fiasco I dealt with on the last day. I still recommend East Africa Adventures, as our Safari was amazing and we have memories that will last a lifetime.

1  Thank Joanne H
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We spent a wonderful 2 weeks on safari in Kenya and Tanzania thanks to East Africa Tours and Safaris. We spent a lot of time up close with plenty of wildlife thanks to our accommodating and patient guide/drivers. There is also a lot of time spent driving between National Parks, however we really enjoyed our guide's knowledge of wildlife and willingness to share cultural stories - thanks Ezekiel. Accommodation was excellent with great locations, food selection and rooms. It was a pleasure and easy to organise the trip with Fred and I can highly recommend this company

fredkenya, Owner at East Africa Adventure Tours and Safaris - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear John,
Thank you so much for such great review. We work really hard to offer the best service and ensure a wonderful safari experience for our guests. I am happy to see it reflected on your safari.
Hope to see you again soon.
Asante sana!