Lowest prices for your stay
$375
Official Site$369
Hotels.com$375
Travelocity$375
1,377 results
All reviews balcony bar belly dancer beautiful hotel world class heated pool lucca spa tambourine security concierge ambience luxury anne meeting services evans brunch
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2022 via mobile

Definitely the best hotel we have stayed in while in Kenya. The staff really do their best to accommodate everything you ask, you just have to ask. I only take away a star due to the price, the room features in addition to the amenities. We booked a balcony room, and by the photos it looks beautiful. When I’m fact I paid an added $60 a day to have a view of the newly built freeway and hourly traffic jams (with ample honking all night). Sitting on the balcony just smells of pollution with dust in the air and all you hear is honking. Other issues included that You are unable to go to the pool without calling ahead as they limit the number of people (understandable given Covid). The room service people were very nice but got every meal we ordered incorrect. However, even with all of that I still found it the best of the 6 hotels we stayed at in Kenya and would come back… however I wouldn’t waste money on the balcony room!

Room tip: Skip the balcony upgrade
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Petra Baumann, Owner at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2022

Dear Style85232,

Thank you for taking the time to review and rate your recent experience at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I appreciate your positive feedback on the overall service at the hotel. This is motivating for us.
I do understand your concerns regarding the balcony room, and that you felt for this particular stay you were not able to enjoy the benefits of a balcony room.
We are anticipating having some landscaping done in front of the hotel, so that the Expressway is less of an eye sore. My team and I hope to have the opportunity to host you once again in the coming days and surpassing all your expectations.
I would like to express our apologies with regard to incorrect room service orders, I will personally address this with my team.

Reviewed 30 March 2022

We had a wonderful 10 days stay. From the first day we were welcomed with smiles by the concierge team and a beautiful and welcoming receptionist.

The room was always kept clean and tidy apart from this one day our room was not made and we had to ask why and the hotel was sorry for that. No worries though!! One Mr. Peter was very thorough when cleaning our room and we would always find it sparkling clean. Other house keepers were doing a good job too but i didn't manage to get their names.

The food was delicious and the chefs were always smilling a d welcoming especially Ms Janet Baswati who was always there to prepare delicious omelette for us. She is such a good hearted lady.

The heated swimming pool was my favourite spot to hang around. The swimming pool attendants and gym instructors were so nice and ready to help when need be.

I really enjoyed my stay and would look forward to visiting again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Petra Baumann, Owner at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2022

Dear Ranjiti2222,

Thank you for taking the time to review and rate your 10 days stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I appreciate the feedback on the comforts of your room, overall cleanliness and service.
Thank you for also commending the food at the hotel and the facilities.
My team and I look forward to hosting you once again in the coming days.

Reviewed 19 March 2022

Pre-covid it was supposed to be the most expensive, elite hotel of Nairobi.
Post-covid the hotel suffers from the huge construction works that literally surround it, destroying the architectural beauty of the building and creating an unnecessary turmoil around the hotel. But believe it or not, I have stayed there 3 times since July 21 and the hotel feels better than ever; and there is a reason for that: Literally each one of the personnel is giving his/her best service performance, making the experience smooth, gentle and warmly hospitable (from the front desk, the concierge, the gym, housekeeping, restaurants etc) - everyone. Moreover, allow me also to make special thanks to Janet B. (breakfast chef) who everyday was eager to prepare my special requests in a manner that really made my week.
Finally, the prices make more sense post-covid than before (with the exception of the hotel transfers which remain overpriced).

Room tip: no important differences between the rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Petra Baumann, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2022

Dear gtsint,

Thank you for sharing with us that you have stayed with us on three occasions this year, and that each stay has been better than the previous. This feedback is most rewarding and encouraging for all colleagues at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
We value all feedback, and I have taken note of your message on the hotel transfers. As you are probably aware our transfers are carried out in elegant cars driven by executive drivers who are always on hand for our guests. Our cars come connected with Wi-Fi and Kempinski amenities. Transfer prices are also in line with that of our other hotels within our category in Nairobi.
I do hope that we will be able to have the opportunity to host you once again in the coming days for yet another memorable stay.

Reviewed 17 March 2022 via mobile

Great hotel, great stuff. Access and location not most ideal but once inside it is a home away from home. Boasts very friendly staff, lots of space for sitting and chatting, a wide variety of quality local and exotic dining tastes and has a fit for purpose gym and spa

Room tip: Travel is a bit hectic due to Nairobi traffic and a few security checkpoints including at hotel entry. Besides that, this is one of the go-to places in Nairobi
Trip type: Travelled on business
Petra Baumann, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2022

Dear CMaonei,

My team and I appreciate the positive feedback on your stay at the hotel and we look forward to hosting you once again in the coming days.

Reviewed 9 March 2022

The food at the balcony bar was amazing and tasty ..thanks to chef Jeremy ..who made a pita bread sandwich wch I told him to surprise me and he did it .and excellent cocktails from the bar Antony..will wish other guest to try out the pita bread sandwich . Will sure come back again for the same ...

Trip type: Travelled on business
Petra Baumann, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2022

Dear sabsit2020,

Thank you for commending your recent experience at Balcony Bar.
My team and I look forward to hosting you for many more great moments at the hotel bar.