“Nice and Peacefull”

Ranked #121 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
U.K
“Nice and Peacefull”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Good sized rooms, very clean and comfortable for our stay of just over 1 week. Quiet location, set back from the Main Road..which means you need to take a Taxi everywhere as the pavements are virtually non existent... Taxi prices from the hotel are ok; a cab to the city or Westgate Mall is approx $10. There is a big supermarket within walking distance, called Uchumi.. 5mins walk - Breakfast at the hotel was just ok, not many Veg options but still did the job.

Overall I would say you cant go wrong with Meltonia Luxury Suites, a good stay with competitive pricing and very clean

Room Tip: No Lifts so the baggage has to be carried up
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cwsi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Manchester
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here with a friend and colleague for an overnight stop in transit. We paid for return airport transfers which were well organised and ran to time. The apartments were well equipped and furnished. The place feels fairly new and could perhaps only be improved if a few little things were finished off properly. The service we received from Peggy and her team was outstanding. We asked for a 5.30am breakfast due to our early flight and were pleasantly suprised to find everything ready on time.

The compound feels safe and secure, if a little off the beaten track. We timed how much longer it took to get here than to the Ole Sereni (nearest hotel we know of to airport) and it was only an extra 10 minutes in each direction.

There's not much of a bar or restaurant in the hotel itself but we didn't need it and admittedly may not have seen everything as we arrived late and left early. But from what we saw, this place is definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank ManFromManchester
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I was unfortunately only able to spend about 6 hours at Meltonia, but my quick stay was nothing short of amazing. Having lived in Mombasa, I always dreaded coming to big, scary Nairobi, but I would go back just to stay at Meltonia again. I emailed back and forth with Peggy, the manager, to coordinate my flights and my stay. She was very prompt in her response and incredibly eager to accommodate my schedule. My flight arrived in Nairobi just before midnight and I was greeted by Justice, the driver, who took me to Meltonia. The accommodations were LUXURIOUS to say the least. I got a great deal on bookings.com on a single occupancy suite. It was enormous, spotless, well decorated, and had every amenity imaginable. I had to leave for my flight at 5:30, and Chef Robert made me a feast for breakfast at 5 am. The food was delicious and plentiful, and I was so thankful to have a filling meal before 19 hours of flying. Justice arrived just before 5:30 and took me to the airport! I can't wait to visit again, and I highly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Haley R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I had a very comfortable stay at Meltonia. Good location, secure, excellent quality of food and very friendly and professional service. As I was in Nairobi on business, the peaceful surroundings made all the difference. I will definitely come back; please keep it up!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 May 2012

While surfing for a reasonable hotel to anchor in Nairobi for a 8 days visit to Kenya and Uganda, we were considering hotel rooms starting at $80 at one end of the spectrum to well known 5 star facilities charging $250 or in excess. Then we stumbled up on Meltonia and instantly liked what we saw. It is not a Hotel but a furnished apartment. The Studio flat was equipped with microwave oven, kettle, washing machine and an ironing board. There were free Wifi access and cable TV too. We needn’t have to think twice to take it up at a discounted price of $120 a day with breakfast included. We just hoped that all that was promised will be there.

But to our pleasant surprise, it turned out to be much more that what we hoped for. First of all our graceful hostess Ms. Peggy, upgraded us to a one bedroom apartment at no additional costs. The place was brand new and kept squeaky clean with bedroom linen and towels the cleanest. The cable TV had ample number of channels and the internet speed was more than we had hoped for.

The place, though well with in the city, was in a small wooded area tucked blissfully away from all the urban clutter. The staffs were pleasantly informal and genuinely helpful. On the first day of our arrival I had to go out after 7 pm to buy some food as we did not order for dinner in advance. The security guard, Mr. Augero, suggested that it may not be safe to go out alone at night and then took the trouble to walk with me a kilometer to the nearest supermarket.

The taxi service assigned to us was reasonable and the drivers were courteous. The breakfast and dinner that we had from the dining hall, though not very elaborate were excellent. Our chef was a nice young man from Rwanda named Robert who at times found time to chat with me on sundry matters.

I should say that I and my wife felt genuinely at home staying at Meltonia. I should recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit Nairobi

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple