“Thai food”

Price range: US$ 40 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small piece of Thailand in Nairobi, Thai Chi has been awarded as the most authentic Thai restaurant in East Africa. With its traditional Thai decor and delectable Thai specialties prepared by experienced chefs from Thailand, Thai Chi is one of Nairobi's most elegant dining establishments.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We was here saturday evening, it not full, we find table without reservation. My expectations for higger, as I read before reviews. They do excelent food, we had good waiter. We were happy with this restaurant. Attention, the local tax is added to the prices!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been in Nairobi 6 times during the last year. On my first trip I stayed the Stanley and had the fried ice cream at Thai Chi. On subsequent visits I have visited the restaurant on 4 occasions for the fried ice cream while staying at Kempinski or DusitD2.

Twice they have not had the ice cream available including this evening, with excuse varying from “the freezer is broken” to “the one we had has been sold”.
Tonight they also forgot the starter of 1 of the people in our party. My opinion is that the restaurant needs to remove whatever is not available consistently, from the menu. This will be my last visit to this restaurant.

Luca at Kempinski, Tatu at Fairmont and both restaurants at DusitD2 are better dining experiences in my opinion.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

The service and the food outstanding. We enjoyed walking through this hotel also to see the colonial decor.
I would visit again. Beverage list is very good.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Despite the hype Thai Chi did not live up to expectations. We ordered duck with red wine and some side dishes. Banana split ice cream for dessert. Nothing was spectacular. Just about average. I don’t think I will go back again.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I have never been disappointed coming here. Although in the city, traffic is not such a problem because they have valet parking. Of course if you are in a taxi or Uber you’re okay.
The food is stellar.
Tom Yum is extraordinary
Duck red curry is one of a kind
The service and beverages are excellent. A must do for tourists and locals alike