“My personal regular favorite”
Review of Habesha

Habesha
Ranked #10 of 589 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I go here a few times a week. In my opinion, it is the best Ethiopian food in town. it's also close to home and a decent price, so I frequent it for business meetings and with my family as much as I can.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Habesha is a solid Ethiopian restaurant, with good food, a wonderful patio, and adequate service. The star of this restaurant is the value that you get. A huge platter of food with multiple drinks ran $25US for two people. The amount and quality of food would run twice as high in the U.S. The service was a bit spotty, but sitting in the garden with the mix of people made that quite bearable. I'll be returning here soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

As with all Ethiopian restaurants (that I'm aware of) in Kenya, the injeera is not made from teff, but rice. I don't know why this is. At Ethiopian restaurants in North America the injeera is made of teff, why not in Kenya?

However, the food is great, and great value for money. A great place to take a large group of people (which we have done on many occasions). The garden setting (there are also rooms inside) is nice, but they really do need to replace the table and chairs with something easier on the body and the eyes -- just a little too shabby.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

the staff is completely nice and the food is pocket friendly

Reviewed 30 January 2012

A friend who lives in Nairobi recommended this restaurant and we were so glad. We loved it. We go to Ethiopian restaurants fairly often in Chicago. The food at Habesha was excellent but it was the atmosphere of eating in a garden with a fire burning that made this restaurant over the top for us.