All reviews egyptian government nile view pool staff small balcony west bank cleaned daily tour operator twin beds pool area is valley hassle jewel kings kfc atm sights pounds
Reviewed 23 August 2015

The amenities of the hotel were fine - rooms were cleaned every day, pool was clean, breakfast was simple. The front desk staff are not particularly helpful (they do the minimum) but that's why having a good tour operator is necessary. But the prices were fair and there's nothing really to complain or rave about! I do recommend booking a hotel with a pool if going to Luxor in the summer though, it is God-send.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank SafCho
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

Decent hotel room is small but ok , we only stayed there for a few hours after visiting Karnak temple and valley of the Kings. Great location right in front of the Nile. Only downside is that We had to pay for the WiFi totally worth it super fast.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank erika u
Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

There was nothing I disliked about our one night stay at the Lotus Hotel in Luxor, however there was nothing particularly impressive either. The room was relatively comfortable, although I never find tile floors in hotel rooms to be completely clean. The air conditioning worked great which we really appreciated. We were some of the only guests at the hotel, which was nice, but explains why it likely hasn't been renovated in quite a while due to low revenue. Breakfast was very good! We knew enough not to eat salad items in Egypt, but everything else was very good. The pool has odd hours for a hotel. I don't think anyone with a tour guide could ever use it unless they come back in the middle of the day. The wifi worked fine it the lobby and you pay by the hour. The price was great for three guys in one room! It's not somewhere I'd take my mom, but it's security and location could persuade me to stay there again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jaredsy
Reviewed 7 June 2015

The lotus hotel was an excellent place to stay while in Luxor. The rooms were always clean, there was clear communication between the hotel staff and myself. Breakfast was plentyfull and even had an omlette bar. Very good value for the money spent. The room had a view of the nile, which was beautiful both in the day and at night. While I didnt get the chance to use the pool as it closed quite early, it was situated overlooking the nile. Also a great spot to watch the sunset from.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up seem to be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Ashleigh A
Reviewed 23 May 2015

Friendly staff, on the Nile, lovely facilities, good location. Not far from Luxor temple, certainly walkable but there are many transport options available. Breakfast not buffet but more than adequate.

Room Tip: Nile view room is just lovely
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple