I stayed at Le Meridien Luxor the very first time i came to Egypt back in 2003. I wasnt sure what to expect of Egypt, its always been a dream to travel here as i was interested in the history of Egypt when i was at school. When we first arrived i was amazed at how stunning this hotel was, it was like a palace inside & the staff were excellent.
The bell captain is so sweet, his name is Mahmoud, we received a warm welcome from him & he even delivered flowers to my room which i thought was nice. He showed us around the hotel & we went to try some Shisha, this was when i became a true "Shisha Queen" as the Egyptians say to me. Hehe. I loved the taste of it, it was really nice.
The hotel has recently changed it name to The Nile Palace. I you are planning to go here then either ask for Meridien Luxor or Nile Palace because not all tour operators/travel agents have the new name.
Unique Qualities: The pool at Le Meridien Luxor is fabulous, you get a great view of the River Nile & the Valley of the Kings at the other side of the Nile. The pool is quite small & it is abit cold but its nice when you've been sunbathing for a while.
We paid for a Nile View room & it was well worth the extra cost, the views were unbelievable. I loved it. There is plenty to do at the hotel, shops, bars & there are a couple of restaurants too. The hotel is close to all the major attractions in Luxor too which is good.
Id recommend this hotel to anyone, i had a great time & would go back for some excellent winter sun. December was the perfect time of year as it wasnt too humid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor