I must preface this review saying that we only spent one night in the Nile Palace, little more than twelve hours, so I cannot be as objective as those who stayed several days or more. That said, we booked through our travel agent based on the mostly positive reviews found in TA. We arrived late in the evening of 20 January after flying from Rome to Luxor, via Cairo, and consequently were too tired to walk around or have dinner.
Our room (number 423) was Nile view and overlooked the swimming pool. It was large with two double beds, chairs, table, etc, a lovely large bathroom with tub, and a nice sized balcony. After showering my wife and I both took a bed apiece and were soon sound asleep. We awoke in the morning fully rested thanks to the comfortable beds. From our balcony we saw (through the morning haze) traffic on the Nile and the hot-air balloons starting off on their flights to the west.
We went down to the restaurant for breakfast which turned out to be very nice. Being that we live in a southern climate we usually don't do the classical American/English type breakfast, but I do love scrambled eggs. They looked good but unfortunately were powdered and not too tasty. Everything else was good. Before returning to our room we walked though a couple of the many nice shops in the hotel. My wife bought some rose water which she liked.
We checked out at 10:30 to go aboard our Nile cruiser, the Oberoi Philae. The next time we return to Luxor we hope to stay several nights at the Nile Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor