Pros: 1.)Great Location. Within minutes walk to Temple of Karnak and Temple of Luxor and other museums. Also across the main road to the Nile. 2.)Breakfast buffet was adequate. 3.)Swimming pool was decent (and refreshing) especially after a whole day spent in the dust and sand. 4.)Staff was friendly and polite. Nothing better than to feel welcome away from home.
Cons: 1.)Most importantly, no control over the temperature controls, in our case the overwhelming heating . Granted it was the winter, the heat would be on. However, we couldn't even turn it off. The only way to cool down while sleeping was to keep the balcony doors open, which brought a whole new problem...mosquitoes. 2.)The hassling by the carriage drivers and the boat crew right outside the hotel premises. It got so bad that we couldn't wait to get to the airport and leave Luxor even if we had to stay outside the airport for 6 hours before the flight departure. 3.)No Wifi in the room. Very annoying especially in the internet age that we live in. We had to go down to the pool to get Wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, Agoda and ACCOR so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor