All reviews rooftop terrace tour guide west bank bicycle rental large canopy bed egyptian breakfast solo female hot water i highly recommend this hotel egyptian pound public ferry sunset felucca airport pickup air conditioning quiet area charming hotel west side
Reviewed 21 February 2018

I very much enjoyed staying at Cleopatra, on the quieter and rural West Bank (less hasslers!). This family-run guesthouse is truly great value for money. The room was nicely decorated, with a large canopy bed. The best part is the rooftop with a view over the West Bank, farm land, and temples and tombs in the distance. Here, it's perfect enjoying the huge and tasty breakfast, or also dinner if you wish, and chat with the other guests. We booked initially 3 days but in the end stayed on 3 more days. My boyfriend wasn't feeling too well for 2 days, and Nasser was so caring to make him special tea. One day I then visited Dandara temple on my own (train to Quena and then 2 minibuses - a bit complicated but worth it). The other day, Nasser's very kind brother Ahmud showed me more of the West Bank villages and farm land on the motorbike, and invited me to have lunch with the family. This was very special to me, and shows that they go beyond treating people like tourists to make money off.
The first day, Nasser suggested a driver for a tour, but as we're quite independent backpack travellers and also had plenty of time, we did everything on our own (Luxor & Karnak temples walking, and rented a bicycle to go to the valleys of the Kings, Queens and Hatshepsut. Btw- bicycle rental: we recommend Mohamed from the juice bar right on the corner when you come from the ferry and walk up the street on your right side). Nasser also never pushed for selling the driver or any other package, which I appreciated. Thanks for making our time in Luxor so pleasant!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I spent in Hotel Cleopatra only one night but it was super!
staff were really nice and smiling, the room was super big and clean, the terrace is amazing, I can say that I had the best breakfast in Egypt
You have only to consider that it is in the west side but it was even better as the place is calmer and nearer to the main temples.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2018

I was new to Luxor and Egypt in general. Nasser had good advice for me during my stay at the Cleopatra Hotel. Staff was very friendly and always eager to help. Nasser arranged a tour of Valley of the Artisans, Karnak, and Luxor Temples. The guide, Mahmut, was excellent. He was easy-going, friendly, and very knowledgable about Egyptian history and could easily read the hieroglyphics we viewed.
I also enjoyed the evenings sipping tea around the small fire at the back of the hotel in the evenings. I have pleasant memories of my time at Cleopatra hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2018

a really nice small guesthouse in a quiet area, easily to reach (in West Bank and a few minutes walk to the ferry to the east bank), everything was really good, the food was very nice and the service was excellent, Nasser tried to make everything possible and Khaled the tour guide was excellent as well. We really enjoyed the time there and we can highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

My sister and I spent one night here and we wish we could have stayed more : it was an incredible experience ! The food is delicious (you can have vegetarian options), the service is amazing (if you need anything, someone will be always there to help you), the hotel is really really beautiful (the decoration, the view on the rooftop is astonishing) and very clean ! You will love it!!! And its as well a very peaceful place to reenergize yourself!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends