“Delicious”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 16
Cuisines: Egyptian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ahlan wa sahlan in Sofra, a restaurant located in the heart of Luxor that draws its inspiration from the rich Arabian culture. Sofra is situated in an old 1930s Egyptian house that still retains its traditional character. Sofra: A culinary voyage through Egypt! Discover the secrets of Egyptian cuisine and enjoy true traditional food in an oriental atmosphere in the heart of Luxor, Egypt.
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

A beautiful restaurant and delicious food. This was one of my favorite restaurants on our trip. I ordered the macaroni fi alforn and would get it again.

4  Thank AmandaW2848

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Got to share this amazing experience on my visit to Egypt. Not only the sites are amazing, the people but definitely the food. Sofra was an amazing place to eat and relax. The food was fresh, tasty, the ambiance was welcoming and beautiful. My family and I felt really comfortable and satisfied by the overall experience.

Highly recommended and will revisit Egypt, Luxor, the temples and Sofra again.

3  Thank Igor S
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is located not too far from the Sofitel hotel, just a 5 minutes walk. The surrounding area seems a bit busy but once you enter the restaurant, everything is calm and quiet and very authentic Egyptian. The food was delicious and the prices are on the low side. Service was super, all the members of staff greeted us with smiles and were always friendly, especially Ibrahim. We enjoyed our time here and would happily visit again.

3  Thank Lorena C
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Our tour guide took us to this restaurant and I have to say it was the most delicious food we had in our two week trip to Egypt, Israel and Jordan. The service was also wonderful. You have to try their freshly made juices if you do go.

3  Thank LuckyShaun24
Reviewed 9 December 2017

I found this restaurant some years ago and have recommended Sofra to my friends ever since. I visited Sofra again a few weeks ago and was delighted that the quality of the food was the same. It's often the same price or cheaper than the tourist "restaurants" down at the suq with at best a questionable quality.

The restaurant is kept in neo-Islamic style and is a real beauty. I can be a little difficult to find but worth the effort.

3  Thank Caironimus