All reviews egyptian museum tahrir square italian restaurant outdoor restaurant beautiful property the club lounge city view room view top floor hotel is great guest relations business center excellent stay main restaurant house keeping business trip special thanks
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

It’s my 5th time to stay at the best in city and I really mean it .I used to stay at the Nile view rooms but that was 1st time staying at the City view which is a real hidden gem with an awesome night view.In that hotel two key words are never forgotten :Quality Maintenace and hospitality .Staff is really helpful as if they are waiting every time for your visit and very keen about your view and help.Every time reception staff,concierge and house keepers keep me esteemed up about my stay.Finally if you really plan to stay in Cairo midtown;staying there really deserves and every one can feel the difference

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had a wonderful 5 nights stay at the Nile Ritz Carlton! The location of the hotel was very central and it had in our mind the most fantastic view of the river Nile. We had two rooms and they were spacious, comfortable and luxurious. The food at the hotel is excellent. The live band and the dance performance was really enjoyable. The service provided to our family was exceptional and we can’t thank the hotel staff enough for the same. The management team, the concierge desk and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make sure that our family had a great experience at the hotel. The hotel manager Mohamed surprised us with Indian dinner one night, especially prepared by the executive chef and his team. It was the best dinner we had during our entire trip. A big thank you to the entire team of the Ritz Carlton Cairo for making our trip to Egypt so memorable!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent location with superb service. Food options are excellent, especially the ability to have some differing options. While location in downtown Cairo, the ability to walk around is limited due to heavy traffic and limited ways to cross. The Tahrir Square and side streets.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The Ritz was nice the service I thought was just okay but I expected more from them. The restaurant on a the Patio was just amazing the atmosphere was so cool. The hotel is beautiful and my view was outstanding.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We stayed at The Nile Ritz-Carlton, Cairo between 3/11/18 and 3/16/18 and were extremely happy with our time there. In fact, the exemplary service started before we ever set foot on the property.

Prior to our arrival, I reached out to the hotel concierge via email (using an address that I received from the Ritz-Carlton Twitter team). I expressed my desire to arrange a few tours with a guide and to confirm a few items about our reservation. The concierge replied within a few hours, in spite of the time difference, and sent us a price sheet for all the pre-determined tours they could arrange in addition to some notes about general guide hiring. In addition, I was able to confirm we'd be able to charge everything to our room and settle the balance upon checkout. The process was seamless and we arranged transport to and from the airport, a meet and greet on arrival (which came in handy because my wife's bag was lost in transit between Amman and Cairo), and three tours - one full-day and two half-day. I won't talk too much about those things (as this is a review of the hotel and I've already gone into detail on the tours elsewhere on this site), but I was thankful that everything was arranged in one place and everything went smoothly.

When we arrived at the hotel our first night it was already 11PM (see my previous note about lost baggage). We were immediately greeted and welcomed after passing through security. My Platinum status was recognized and we were offered an upgrade from a Nile View room to a Junior Suite.

The room we were assigned was large, comfortable, and functional with several seating areas, a large desk, and a delightful bed. When we arrived the room was extremely clean, in general, but the sheets were a bit dirty. I called housekeeping and someone came up (at midnight) and replaced both the duvet cover and the sheets within a few minutes. That was probably the only issue we had with our entire stay.

There were several universal power outlets throughout the room. The suite we were assigned had both a bath and large shower - both were excellent. The water pressure was amazing throughout our stay and the water got hot, just the way I like it.

Finally, we were assigned a room on the top floor (which was probably due to status, I'm assuming) and had an awesome view of the Egyptian Museum. It is being moved sometime in the next year, but you'll still be able to see the amazing building from your room, regardless of what it hosts in the future.

We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning because it was included in our rate and it was absolutely sumptuous. There were both "Western" and Arabic offerings on hand and everything was delicious. I particularly enjoyed the cucumber mint juice and the shakshuka. The pastries were tempting enough to make me cheat on my diet and be glad I did. The service was always impeccable.

We had coffee / tea and cake in the lobby lounge one day and enjoyed it. Another afternoon we decided to have tea. I found it to be OK. The sweets were great but the savory parts were only "good" and the scones were a little flat. I wasn't really disappointed because I just wanted to try the Cairo take on tea and was glad I did.

We had dinner at Bab El-Sharq one night and it was an awesome experience. The food was great - make sure you try the grilled pigeon! When ordering dessert, the waiter was kind enough to warn me away from my original choice, gently letting me know that the dish I ordered was not so good and that I should pick something else. I ended up with the Um Ali and it was delicious. The real highlight of Bab El-Sharq was the live music and singing - it was a true delight.

We availed ourselves of the fitness center on three days. It was good enough. You're not going to be doing any powerlifting, but you can get in an acceptable weighted workout and, if cardio is your thing, you'll be happy with the selection.

Finally, I wanted to highlight the service we received from one of the concierge agents once on property. Sarah Salah greeted us every morning before our tour was ready and was always smiling and friendly. She was so amazingly nice and bubbly and just truly a delight to talk to. If someone from the Ritz-Carlton reads this, please let her know how much I appreciated talking to her in the morning and her warmth and friendliness. She even presented us with a set of coffee mugs with our pictures on them from one of our tours (our guide took a picture of us for the hotel) as a present to remind us of our stay. I'm drinking out of it now - mission accomplished.

The concierge team, in general, was very helpful. Especially because I kept bugging them about calling Royal Jordanian about my wife's luggage. Thank you for putting up with my insistence!

The last thing that I think bears mentioning is that this hotel cares about the security of its guests. On every entry and exit via car we were stopped between multiple sets of retractable bollards, the trunk was checked, a dog sniffed the car, and a log was made of everything. We, along with everyone else, had to pass through metal detectors on every entry to the hotel. I was never scared in Cairo, but it certainly will give some others (especially Americans, like us), some peace of mind.

Room Tip: If you have status, ask for a room with a view of the Egyptian Museum
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family