“Best in Cairo”

Ranked #53 of 127 Speciality Lodging in Cairo
New York City, New York
“Best in Cairo”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This hostel is excellent right in the downtown area, near the historical tahrir square and minutes away from other great historical attractions that Egypt has to offer. The hostel is great, the staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help you arrange tours, flight transfer, and other things that will help you have a great experience in Cairo. I have stayed at this hostel twice and I plan on staying there again in the near future, the staff provided my with a free airport transfer and a discounted stay at the hostel because this was my second visit there. I would recommend staying at this hostel without reservation. The free breakfast is great, the WIFI is good, and the staff is great!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I loved staying at this hostel. I stayed there multiple times. The staff was always willing to help me. One night I was supposed to catch a train and was worried about getting on the right one. One of the staff took me to the platform and made sure I was on the right train and in the right seat. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and never got too noisy. I have plans to go back to Egypt in a few months and will definiatly be booking at the Canadain Hostel.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the elevator so you dont have to listen to it open and close.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Earth, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I found the Canadian hostel to be one of my top experiences in Cairo, Egypt. The place was great, very clean and tidy, plus a real legit feeling, safe, and the staff was GREAT! They were very kind and friendly to all of their travelers never hesitating to give advice about what to see and what to eat in Cairo, it only helped me truly enjoy my time in Egypt. Seriously I’ve done a lot of traveling and have stayed in many hostels, but the Canadian hostel in Cairo is top notch. Don't pass up the chance to visit Egypt, and this wonderful place!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are Great
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Hey Y
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I am from Canada and when I was searching for place to stay in Cairo, the hostel name and flag made a connection right away. The Canadian Hostel is in heart of Cairo, steps away from Revolution Sq (Tahrir Sq) and world famous Egyptian Museum. Other than location, my room was very comfortable and the ever smiling staff was like icing on cake. The tour guide, Mohamed, helped in arranging my Egypt tour and I was very impressed with the service. Overall, I really enjoyed and specially my stay in this Hostel. I was travelling for a year and Egypt was towards end of my journey around the world and what better treat you can get...home away from home. All the best !!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I found the Canadian Hostel by chance. I was looking for a nice, cheap place in the middle of Cairo and here it is. Well, we don't talk about 5* or 4*, but when you main interest is to discover Cairo, then it is the right place. I left early in the morning and returned late at night. My bed was clean, i got a warm shower and had my privacy. The staff is nice and helpful, gives you useful tips, where to go and what to see. I met different people from all over the world and i like to belong to this "huge family of packpackers". Anytime again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo