New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Canadian connection....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canadian Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cairo
Canadian Hostel
Ranked #47 of 125 Speciality Lodging in Cairo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Canadian connection....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I am from Canada and when I was searching for place to stay in Cairo, the hostel name and flag made a connection right away. The Canadian Hostel is in heart of Cairo, steps away from Revolution Sq (Tahrir Sq) and world famous Egyptian Museum. Other than location, my room was very comfortable and the ever smiling staff was like icing on cake. The tour guide, Mohamed, helped in arranging my Egypt tour and I was very impressed with the service. Overall, I really enjoyed and specially my stay in this Hostel. I was travelling for a year and Egypt was towards end of my journey around the world and what better treat you can get...home away from home. All the best !!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I found the Canadian Hostel by chance. I was looking for a nice, cheap place in the middle of Cairo and here it is. Well, we don't talk about 5* or 4*, but when you main interest is to discover Cairo, then it is the right place. I left early in the morning and returned late at night. My bed was clean, i got a warm shower and had my privacy. The staff is nice and helpful, gives you useful tips, where to go and what to see. I met different people from all over the world and i like to belong to this "huge family of packpackers". Anytime again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
bouira algeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I visited the canadainhostel with Egyptian friends its a nice plase the rooms are clean and quiet the people who work there are kind and helpful the price is good it is annice place for meet people from all around the world

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
MAURITIUS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Egypt: my best trip ever. I would say that whenever you are far from home, the only place that can remind home would be a cosy, welcoming one with wonderful people. Well if you are looking for that kind of place I would definitely recommend you The Canadian Hostel.

The people:
It was my first time in Egypt and I would say its quite of a huge city and one would be really confused without help. The Canadian Hostel people besides always attentive to our slightest needs, were always keen to help and advice.
Besides, the best thing about them is their smile. They took every single query of ours with a smile and would even share their personal experience and life with us: just like family members.
The best thing about all this is that even today, more that 1 year after the trip to Egypt, the people from the hostel still keep in touch with us and give us updates regularly.

The infrastructure:
The rooms and bathroom were always kept clean. One's privacy was always respected and the common living room one could enjoy people from around the world who always would share what they had done so far in Egypt, where they came from, how to behave with the locals (so that they do not cheat you); a sort of mini global village. The internet connection which was free helped us liaise with our country.

The position in Cairo:
You cannot dream of better place. Found in the heart of Cairo (city center), you are at a walking distance from the underground metro and so many places...even very close to the Egyptian Museum. Food can be found everywhere with KFC just round the corner and one of these Pastry shops with that superb perfume of freshly (hot) made pastries just next to the hostel.

The price:
The price might be an issue to some people. Let me explain: HOW THE HELL CAN YOU GET SUCH A NICE PLACE FOR SUCH A CHEAP PRICE!!!

Tours:
You cannot go to Egypt and not visit the great places throughout the country right?
We wanted to see everything and since we hadn't planned anything or took some kind or tour package from our country, we had to find some way to go everywhere.
The tour organisor of the hostel was just awesome (Mohamed Shawky). He sat with my cousin and I and helped us plan our journey through Egypt to see the best places in the limited time we had.
There always was someone to pick us up wherever we went to (by the wonderful sleeping train) and besides, the tour was so well planned that you could enjoy every single bit of it.
Our luggage was kept safe in the Hostel when we were on our 3-4 days' tour so that we could travel light.

It was my first time in Egypt and The Canadian Hostel as a whole really contributed to a great extent to this dream coming true and beyond expectations :D

If ever I had to go back to EGYPT (If Allah permits) the only place I would go to for accommodation would be THE CANADIAN HOSTEL and I so wanna go back there!!!

The Canadian Hostel: A home far from home

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nawaz-IMRIT
Mauritius
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I came across the canadian hostel as i was planning my trip to cairo. So i decided to book the hostel online as i was having a place to stay in the centre of Cairo. When reaching cairo, i was not disappointed at all. The people there was sooooo helpful and kind. They made me feel comfortable and at home. There was always someone to help me. I met different people from around the world there and it was always cool to talk and share with them. Also the hostel is very clean. Finally the hostel also organised my trip to Abu Simbel Temple through Aswan and Luxor. we had a sleeping train and there was always someone who was at the train stations to pick me and my cousin. it is now 14 months since i left egypt and i am still in touch with the people from the hostel. i will definitely go back there again...

Hope it helped you guys you are trying to find a place to stay so that your adventure in the land of pharaohs may start.

Sina