“Feels like home”
Review of Hotel Longchamps

Hotel Longchamps
Ranked #21 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel Longchamps is a hidden gem in the finest neighborhood of Cairo. It felt like home to me especially thanks to Hebba, the manager. She is so resourceful and offers you the best for your Egypt visit. The breakfast exceeds expectations with gourmet cheeses and organic products. The rooms and the common areas are decorated in such a tasteful manner and you enjoy every corner of it. After a long journey in the streets of Cairo coming back to the hotel and relaxing on the terrace, which overlooks an inner garden is just what you would wish for! Thanks again Hebba for everything : )

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Zeynep I
Management response:Responded 2 June 2017

Dear Charming Guest,
it has been my pleasure to welcome you personally in my premsises. Thank you for having choosen my Longchamps for your short stay in Cairo. I appreciate you sharing your positive experience with Tripadvisor.
On behalf of my Team and myself , we all look fowrard welcoming you again , at home, far away from home.
Your
Hebba Bakri

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Longchamps

Reviewed 13 May 2017

I felt like staying at a guest house in Europe: healthy breakfast to start a day, clean room, with cozy atmosohere in a quiet and safe neighborhood. The landlady is caring, friendly and accommodating our needs. I had a very comfortable stay snd have booked a room for my next visit in July.

Room Tip: If you are a business traveller and depend on internet, check connectivity. Some rooms have easier c...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 May 2017

Dear Mrs. Yumiko,

it was my pleasure to welcome you in my premises last week . Thank you for sharing your positive experience on Tripadvisor.
On behalf of my Team and myself, we all look forward welcomimg you again next July, here, at home, far away from home.
Next time we can exchange our german japanase vocabulay.
Ich wünsche Ihnen alles Gute.
Herzlich
Ihre

Reviewed 16 April 2017

We were a group of friends in Cairo and stayed again at this wonderful hotel in which I usually spend a few nights when in Cairo. Everything was perfect and perfectly arranged. The staff is very efficient and the rooms clean and spacious. I highly recommend Hotel Longchamps if you want to feel at home when you are away from home. Thank you to everyone in this little jewel in the immensity of Cairo!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 23 April 2017

Thank you Juan for being loyal to your Longchamps.
Sorry missed you this time. I appreciate your comment on Tripadvisor .
On behalf of my Team and myself , we all thank you for having visited the Longchamps again and again.
Respectfully
your

Reviewed 26 March 2017

We spent a week at the Hotel Longchamps and couldn't have been more pleased. It's a small owner operated hotel on the 5th and 6th floors of a hundred or so year old building. The decor is charmingly "Old Cairo" and all spaces were impeccably clean and in good repair. The hotel employs a security firm to maintain the premises, and the guards on duty were friendly and welcoming as they preformed their duties.
Our large family (2 adults and 4 kids ten and under) stayed in two rooms. We were comfortable and our every need was met. Hebba, the owner, went out of her way each day to be sure that we were enjoying our stay. The entire staff was helpful and courteous, even walking out to the street in the morning to help us get a cab to the right destination, with a driver using a meter. The included breakfast was great- fruit and yogurt, croissants, eggs, cheeses and vegetables with coffees and juices, too.
The Zamalek location provided security and safety while still being close to all the attractions we wanted to see. The island is in the Nile- you could spend a whole day enjoying the Nile views and doing some shopping, if you wanted to. We will be back!

Room Tip: Executive rooms have a balcony, but all rooms have access to a common terrace on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 April 2017

Dear Emily,

thank your for having decided to stay at the Longchamps. Your family and you were just charming guests. Your kids were just stunning. It was my plesaure to host you all . It is not easy to travel with children.
I love to serve.
My sincere thanks for your above mentioned Review on Tripadvisor .
On behalf of my Team and I , we all look forward welcomig you , your family and your future friends, here, at home, far away from home.
Your loyal
Hebba

Reviewed 13 March 2017

A nice homely Hotel, small and very clean. The personnel are always very nice and helpful. The owner is always present and at the guests service. They have a very nice terrace where one can enjoy a cool beer or a coffee.

Room Tip: Corner room is just very good
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Baffalino
Management response:Responded 27 April 2017

Thank you Baffalino for your feed back on Tripadvisor. It was great having you stay with my Team and myself last March . Yes indeed you used to spend much time on our Terraces enjoying your coffee in teh morning as well as your cold Weizen - Beer in the evenings. WE all look forward welcomig you again on your next visits to Cairo .
Best regards