“Great stay, great value!”
Review of Hotel Longchamps

Hotel Longchamps
Ranked #21 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We spent a week at the Hotel Longchamps and couldn't have been more pleased. It's a small owner operated hotel on the 5th and 6th floors of a hundred or so year old building. The decor is charmingly "Old Cairo" and all spaces were impeccably clean and in good repair. The hotel employs a security firm to maintain the premises, and the guards on duty were friendly and welcoming as they preformed their duties.
Our large family (2 adults and 4 kids ten and under) stayed in two rooms. We were comfortable and our every need was met. Hebba, the owner, went out of her way each day to be sure that we were enjoying our stay. The entire staff was helpful and courteous, even walking out to the street in the morning to help us get a cab to the right destination, with a driver using a meter. The included breakfast was great- fruit and yogurt, croissants, eggs, cheeses and vegetables with coffees and juices, too.
The Zamalek location provided security and safety while still being close to all the attractions we wanted to see. The island is in the Nile- you could spend a whole day enjoying the Nile views and doing some shopping, if you wanted to. We will be back!

Room Tip: Executive rooms have a balcony, but all rooms have access to a common terrace on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 April 2017

Dear Emily,

thank your for having decided to stay at the Longchamps. Your family and you were just charming guests. Your kids were just stunning. It was my plesaure to host you all . It is not easy to travel with children.
I love to serve.
My sincere thanks for your above mentioned Review on Tripadvisor .
On behalf of my Team and I , we all look forward welcomig you , your family and your future friends, here, at home, far away from home.
Your loyal
Hebba

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Longchamps

Reviewed 13 March 2017

A nice homely Hotel, small and very clean. The personnel are always very nice and helpful. The owner is always present and at the guests service. They have a very nice terrace where one can enjoy a cool beer or a coffee.

Room Tip: Corner room is just very good
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Baffalino
Management response:Responded 27 April 2017

Thank you Baffalino for your feed back on Tripadvisor. It was great having you stay with my Team and myself last March . Yes indeed you used to spend much time on our Terraces enjoying your coffee in teh morning as well as your cold Weizen - Beer in the evenings. WE all look forward welcomig you again on your next visits to Cairo .
Best regards
Hebba !!!

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

What a darling boutique hotel. From the minute I walked in I was treated like a treasured guest that they had been waiting for all day. Service is clearly a priority. The room was quiet and comfortable, with colorful bits of added charm here and there. I loved coming in after a long walk to candles lit and comfy sofas to sit on, with wine in hand. Breakfast was wonderful with ambiance and comfort. It is on a quiet shady street in Zamalak with wonderful places to shop and eat nearby. The beds were comfy and I was truly able to get much needed rest. I highly recommend this hotel. I would certainly go back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank teresafow
Reviewed 4 February 2017

We were not sure what to expect while staying in Cairo, as it was our first time staying in the city. With the help of Ms. Bakri (Hebba) at the front desk we were able to arrange a car to pick us up at the airport. When we unexpectedly had to change our plans and come in a day earlier than expected, we were again greeted with the same efficiency of service. Hebba helped us both days we stayed at Longchamps by writing down the adresses for our taxi cab rides in Arabic so we wouldn't get lost! She also recommended some lovely restaurants and museums to stop at in our travels around the city. After staying at some larger resorts in other parts of Egypt, it was refreshing to stay at such a intimate, friendly, and well-run hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Range of price of this hotel was according the service in all the aspects. I would recommend it for business and leisure travel. Even though, the hotel doesn't offer dinner it is located nearby restaurants and the breakfast is full international buffet style, I would recommend to coordinate it when you leave before 7 am as it is open until this time.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family